Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine Class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
sweet! i wish i could decide between the macbook (non-pro) and the dells.

The trick is to decide for the hideously expensive one you've "always" wanted well before the specs even go up.:thumbup::laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

The trick is to decide for the hideously expensive one you've "always" wanted well before the specs even go up.:thumbup::laugh:

that sounds like applying to med school! :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Super excited to start med school too!

My cell phone contract is up at the end of this month, which is perfect timing! Does anyone know what carrier gets the best coverage around Case? I picked the wrong carrier during college and am super sick of missing calls!

My cell phone contract is up at the end of this month, which is perfect timing! Does anyone know what carrier gets the best coverage around Case? I picked the wrong carrier during college and am super sick of missing calls!

Just so you don't buy a mac for the wrong reason, apple is not offering an iphone. Instead they are offering an ipod touch. Basically, it's everything an iphone can do, without the phone. So you can connect to the internet (as long as you have a wifi connection), listen to music, download and use apps etc. But it won't replace your phone :(

According to Code Blue, the wiki put together by the current MS2s (I don't have the link handy, but if you login to iApply you'll find it on the status page), AT&T is the best on campus. I have AT&T and didn't notice any problems when I've been on campus, but I'd trust the current students about it.

Has Case said anything about required vaccinations, etc?

I think they said that would be taken care of when we get there. But that doesn't seem right since they'd want your records before you leave home...I might drop Christian a line about the health care info.

Also, did any of you get a notice from amcase about a background check? I thought they took care of this months ago, but maybe I got it mixed up with another school.

I think they said that would be taken care of when we get there. But that doesn't seem right since they'd want your records before you leave home...I might drop Christian a line about the health care info.

Also, did any of you get a notice from amcase about a background check? I thought they took care of this months ago, but maybe I got it mixed up with another school.

I got my Case one a while back. You sure another school hasn't decided to curry your favor?

Weird, there used to be a letter in iApply with that stuff but it looks to be gone now.

http://studentaffairs.case.edu/health/

There are links that provide details on the student health plan, and a link for "Medical Forms." In there, you'll find the "New Student Medical Packet" (or some such) which has a general medical info form and immunization history. I believe we're supposed to have it all done prior to starting clinical activities. The only exception is TB, which they do during orientation. Everything else I think we have to have done ourselves.

Members don't see this ad :)
What's up guys I just got in off the waitlist. Can't wait to meet you all!

Weird, there used to be a letter in iApply with that stuff but it looks to be gone now.

http://studentaffairs.case.edu/health/

There are links that provide details on the student health plan, and a link for "Medical Forms." In there, you'll find the "New Student Medical Packet" (or some such) which has a general medical info form and immunization history. I believe we're supposed to have it all done prior to starting clinical activities. The only exception is TB, which they do during orientation. Everything else I think we have to have done ourselves.

Oh, awesome! Thanks! :D

What's up guys I just got in off the waitlist. Can't wait to meet you all!

Time to start apartment hunting! :D

So is the computer registration orientation thing actually up or is it just pretending to be? The reason I ask is that there are no dates listed under the available dates section and the bolded text above says "registration is open," but the timeline disagrees.:oops:

So is the computer registration orientation thing actually up or is it just pretending to be? The reason I ask is that there are no dates listed under the available dates section and the bolded text above says "registration is open," but the timeline disagrees.:oops:

I think it's just pretending. It's said for a while that registration is open but I have never seen any available dates to actually select. Hopefully soon, 'cause I want to get my new MBP as early as possible.. :D

I think it's just pretending. It's said for a while that registration is open but I have never seen any available dates to actually select. Hopefully soon, 'cause I want to get my new MBP as early as possible.. :D

You and me both! See you on that first day, then. :p

Hey all - a question about the laptops. I want a macbook, but I really don't want the glossy screen (there is no matte option). I found a review, though, which talks about a photodon matte film that you can put over the display to reduce glare: http://www.macintouch.com/reviews/alumabook/ Does anyone have any experience with this?

And congrats and welcome to those newly accepted off the waitlist! :)

Just proves you can't teach good taste. ;)

ouch lol

in other news, i'm already getting nervous/excited by the thought of getting "sorted" into my new society :oops:

ouch lol

in other news, i'm already getting nervous/excited by the thought of getting "sorted" into my new society :oops:

For you hackers out there, last year's incoming class figured out a way of finding out their society before orientation. I won't give it away, but instead keep you guys occupied by letting you look tirelessly for it. :p

For you hackers out there, last year's incoming class figured out a way of finding out their society before orientation. I won't give it away, but instead keep you guys occupied by letting you look tirelessly for it. :p

Does it require actual hacking or just unattended directory searching?

Does it require actual hacking or just unattended directory searching?

Neither. Your society dean will just happen to be listed on a Case website that will require you to login with your case ID (don't know if you got them yet).

look yo...i dont haev time for these games man, give me the goods!!! im loosing it man!! :boom:

Neither. Your society dean will just happen to be listed on a Case website that will require you to login with your case ID (don't know if you got them yet).

ah, we don't have these yet. but thanks for the huge clue!

Apparently I'm the only one registered. Go me.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

haha registered macs outnumber dells 5 to 1. think the trend will hold? Maybe we mac users are just ridiculously geeky and anxious :p

haha registered macs outnumber dells 5 to 1. think the trend will hold? Maybe we mac users are just ridiculously geeky and anxious :p

Monday session? :)

Did anyone receive the financial aid instruction email? I got one earlier in the week that said instructions would be sent today, but nothing since then.

Did anyone receive the financial aid instruction email? I got one earlier in the week that said instructions would be sent today, but nothing since then.

Not a peep since then. :(

Congrats!:woot: :D

I am up here in C-land as we speak! There are indeed "for rent" signs up everywhere! Apartment-hunters, assemble!!!

what are you doing in C-land? scoping your place? im debating whether or not i need to go to c-land to get my place or not.

...and why the hell am i calling cleveland c-land anyways...look what you;ve gone and made me do myuu!

Congrats desice!

I'm partial to calling it The Cleve. ;) Good luck on the home search - it can be a pain, but there's a lot of options in the Cleve. I'll be moving there in three weeks - crazy!

Oh, in case you guys haven't seen 'em yet, check these videos out. Pretty hilarious.

[YOUTUBE]ysmLA5TqbIY[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]oZzgAjjuqZM[/YOUTUBE]

what are you doing in C-land? scoping your place? im debating whether or not i need to go to c-land to get my place or not.

I was checking out an apartment that I've had semi-dibs on since second look (not that I needed to!).:thumbup:

...and why the hell am i calling cleveland c-land anyways...look what you;ve gone and made me do myuu!

I blame one of my friends who constantly refers to it as C-land. I just call it Cleveland. It's two who syllables! C-land is still two syllables! What's the point?!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Congrats desice!

I'm partial to calling it The Cleve. ;) Good luck on the home search - it can be a pain, but there's a lot of options in the Cleve. I'll be moving there in three weeks - crazy!

Oh, in case you guys haven't seen 'em yet, check these videos out. Pretty hilarious.

[YOUTUBE]ysmLA5TqbIY[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]oZzgAjjuqZM[/YOUTUBE]

Haaha! Nice! I had no idea there was a second one. Did you know the Cuyahoga's been on fire at least 13 times since 1868 with the last major one in 1969?

anyone else notice that its the same couple of people posting here? where is everybody else?:confused:

hey myuu, and anyone else who might know - did you get the sense that it would be easy to just come there and schedule appointments to see apartments? as in, could i just go one weekend and reasonably expect to find something within those couple of days?

thanks for any input! is everyone getting excited? 7 weeks!