Case report write ups and/or literature review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dermacat

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all. How does one go about finding opportunities to write case reports or review articles? I am an incoming medical student, but lacking experience in the field of research. I was encouraged to look into writing case reports or literature reviews for physicians with ongoing projects, since it will require far less time commitment. I have some time on my hands right now, and I enjoy reading and writing, so I think this could be a good way to spend the rest of the summer. I was also told that you can set this all up via email, even with physicians from a different area who are working with a topic of interest to you, and that there's no need to be physically present. If this is the case, how do I seek these opportunities out?

Members don't see this ad.

Usually you would email someone in a field you like and tell them you are an incoming medical student and ask if they have any research available for you to help on. The majority of the time, most physicians would rather wait until the summer after your first year (and you would too) just so that you will have a good understanding behind most things. It is a big help in the long run and you ultimately want to do the best job you can do. I would just enjoy my summer break and email someone during the school year to setup a bunch of research projects that summer.

If you are adamant on doing something though then try emailing a physician at the hospital that is affiliated with your medical school. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user