case report publication

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

giguerex35

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
is there anywhere in particular that med students can submit case reports for publication or any journals that are known to routinely take case reports from students.

Members don't see this ad.

ACP (insert state), theres a region specific collection of internists, look for your hyperspecific type of problem and theres likely a society for it.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
is there anywhere in particular that med students can submit case reports for publication or any journals that are known to routinely take case reports from students.

What are you asking here? Will you be the sole author on a case report? Will the rest of the authors ONLY be medical students? Who is your PI/mentor for the case?

What are you asking here? Will you be the sole author on a case report? Will the rest of the authors ONLY be medical students? Who is your PI/mentor for the case?
I was just asking if there were any widely known journals that accepted case reports as many I have looked at do not take them and only take original hypothesis based research, I do have a PI who reviewed the article

Journal of Osteopathic Medicine

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
also can anyone comment on if your name is on a poster that you did not present, does that still count as an abstract/publication/poster for application purposes. i.e. me and a friend worked on a project but only one person is allowed to present, can I use this as an ab/pub/poster on my residency application or is that not allowed

also can anyone comment on if your name is on a poster that you did not present, does that still count as an abstract/publication/poster for application purposes. i.e. me and a friend worked on a project but only one person is allowed to present, can I use this as an ab/pub/poster on my residency application or is that not allowed
I imagine it would be as you would be permissible to list yourself as the second author on said research experience despite not being the literal presenter of the poster. May not carry much weight, but it’s better than not listing it IMO.

Yes you can list it as an abstract and highlight your name as a co author