Case report journal publication

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sandy0477

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I hope everyone is doing fine. I have a few questions about publishing.

1) Is there a journal which will accept any kind of case report in any kind of format. I have a few case reports and I really do not want to change anything in it to suit the journal rules. Please provide me with at least 3 options.

2) Can I submit to 2 journals at once, so that I have a safety net in case one journal does not accept my case report.

3) How much would be the average cost of posting a case report in a journal. I know they vary widely, I just do not want to get ripped off by paying a very high fees.

4) What would be the average time from manuscript submission to publication.

I would really appreciate replies. It would really help improving my CV if someone can tell me about all the four questions. Thanks and have a nice day everyone.

Sincerely,
A budding and maybe confused researcher.

Members don't see this ad.

Those are all good questions that I want the answers to as well. I wish people actually looked at this part of the website so these questions could be answered

Members don't see this ad :)
2) you cannot submit a manuscript to two journals at once. When submitting the manuscript they will ask you to confirm that you have not submitted it to another journal.

3) it shouldn't cost you money to publish with a journal? If it does though, ask your mentor if he/she has a subscription/author account to the specific journal you want to submit to.

4) usually around 1-2 months. Could be longer if the journal receives a lot of submissions.

Don't know the answer to #1 sorry.

Hello Everyone,

I hope everyone is doing fine. I have a few questions about publishing.

1) Is there a journal which will accept any kind of case report in any kind of format. I have a few case reports and I really do not want to change anything in it to suit the journal rules. Please provide me with at least 3 options.

2) Can I submit to 2 journals at once, so that I have a safety net in case one journal does not accept my case report.

3) How much would be the average cost of posting a case report in a journal. I know they vary widely, I just do not want to get ripped off by paying a very high fees.

4) What would be the average time from manuscript submission to publication.

I would really appreciate replies. It would really help improving my CV if someone can tell me about all the four questions. Thanks and have a nice day everyone.

Sincerely,
A budding and maybe confused researcher.

1. No, every journal has its own format and rightfully so. It should only take a day to reformat a case report since they are short.

2. no

3. Free to upwards of $200.

4. Depends on the journal and review process. Case reports aren't necessary always peer reviewed and so they could be published in weeks to months.