CA's recognized medical school list is full of bias, errors, political agenda.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CalEquality

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I did a little research online, and found this one.

http://www.medbd.ca.gov/Applicant_S..._Recognized.htm

1. I can't believe what I found, they have the Chinese province - Taiwan listed as "Republic of Taiwan"。

Not even the Taiwan government dares to use that name, their official name is "Republic of China." I suggest the board corrects this mistake ASAP before the Chinese government makes an official complain to the US government.

2. And it has listed two medical schools from Cuba. How can the California board possibly approve those two schools when the US government officially bans its own citizens even visiting that country? The California medical board is an official government agent. They are certainly banned to make any official contacts with the Cuban government. So we can conclude that the board approved those two medical schools without even visiting those two sites.

3. Further, the board did not approve any of the medical schools in North Korea. Does that suggest all those medical schools in North Korea have no standard? All students graduate from those medical schools know nothing about medicine?

Therefore, we can say “Our decisions are totally blind to issues of race, creed, color, religion, etc.” is not true. As we can conclude from the three examples, clearly, this thing is very biased. It is not based on equal treatment at all.

Further, did the board members actually visit all those medical schools listed on the web site? Not really, Cuba is an example. And can the board guarantee that all students graduate from those schools are well taught? No, they obviously can not.

SMU has produced many well qualified physicians that are successfully practicing medicine in many other states. If they can do well in other states, what more does the board need to approve their licenses? How can the board ban those well qualified physicians for lifetime? Please remember, “All men are created equal.” Our country is a land of opportunity.

If the state wants to regulate medicine, how come the state is not regulating the nursing schools across the world? Shouldn’t the board review all nursing schools “for the public’s protection?” Simple mistakes from a nurse can easily kill a patient.

In conclusion, it is obvious that this entire thing is very biased. So we should keep on sending our requests for our state officials, let them know our concerns. I have already done my part, so I suggest all students do the same. A journey of thousands of miles starts with a single step. Together we shall prevail!

Members don't see this ad.

I am reposting this thread because it was closed due to a dirty taiwanese pig's dirty potty mouth.

I posted this above note on another site about a few months ago, the california board members read that forum often. so they knew that they made a serious political statement by calling taiwan as the republic. Yet they refused to change.

So I contacted the Chinese consulate via email. The chinese cosulate sent an email to the board. The board changed its list in less than a week! almost instantly!

So as you can see, even though the board members are suppose to work for the people of california, however, they ignore people's request. They are just bunch of paper tigers, who are good at nothing, but bully at innocent california international medical students.

neutropenic is obviously another member from the board.

Let's have a good discussion.

If it is a "licensing body," then who give them the rights to evaluate medical schools across the world? They can have rights to decide the licensing standard, but they are abusing their power to tell IM students to back off from California for the rest of their lives!

And if they are a "licensing body," who give them the rights to tell the IM students that they are not even allowed to do clinical rotations in their native state?!

Last time, I checked . no citizens of US are allowed to visit Cuba. so now you are telling me citizens can actually go to Cuba to study medicine?!

And what kind of medicine are we talking about here? Cubans speak spanish. Why did the board approve those graduates who learned medicine in spanish only to practice in california which English is still the official language?!

And as i have asked many times, how did the board approve those two cuban schools without even visitng them?

Why can't the board approve SMU free of charge, without a visit just like how they did to the Cuban med. schools?!

Further, why did the board only approved med. schools in south korea, but not north korea? This country of USA is so big, I am sure that there are at least one norht korean doctor that is practicing medicine in the USA.

And if the board is only a "licensing body," who gave them the rights to rename Chinese province from taiwan to "republic of taiwan?" And only changed its name after the Chinese consulate contacted them. And ignored my request?!

We don't need those bureaucrats to mess up our lives.

oh, yea, neurtropenic, since you work for the board, so why don't you tell us how the board approved those few med. schools in China that don't even exist? And show us the actual addresses of those few non-existing med. schools.

---------
neutropenic wrote:

You seem to fail to realise who the board are...
they are the MEDICAL BOARD OF CALIFORNIA, hence they are a licensing body. They decide who becomes licensed to practice medicine in the state of California for allopaths. They can decide what their standards will be.
If you don't like their standards don't practice there.

You have too much free time contacting the Chinese consulate general. They are the medical board, not the state department.

While you're at it, why don't you contact the British High Commission and Irish High Commission in Ottawa. They have listed lumped medical schools of Northern Ireland and the Irish Free State all under "Ireland."

US citizens are allowed to study medicine in Cuba with permission from the state department.

I believe there is a separate nursing board that regulates nursing. Their website can be found here.

There is also an osteopathic medical board which regulates osteopathic licenses. Their website is here. California has more than one osteopathic school.

Wales is a country. It is one of the constituent countries of the United Kingdom which include Wales, England, Scotland, and the province of Northern Ireland. Learn more about the United Kingdom's constituent countries and about Wales here.

They may be paper tigers but they are paper tigers you need to impress.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you a secret agent of the Chinese government? Or, are you posing as a wacko to make the Chinese look really bad?

Why am I wasting my life reading this?

Why are posts with such obvious racism (referring to the Taiwanese) allowed to exist?

Such things, I will never know...

CalEquality said:
neutropenic is obviously another member from the board.

Let's have a good discussion.

A

Further, why did the board only approved med. schools in south korea, but not north korea? This country of USA is so big, I am sure that there are at least one norht korean doctor that is practicing medicine in the USA.

And if the board is only a "licensing body," who gave them the rights to rename Chinese province from taiwan to "republic of taiwan?" And only changed its name after the Chinese consulate contacted them. And ignored my request?!

oh, yea, neurtropenic, since you work for the board, so why don't you tell us how the board approved those few med. schools in China that don't even exist? And show us the actual addresses of those few non-existing med. schools.

Since the OP's pretty much gotten no love at all on valuemd.com with his lunatic postings, he decided to branch out, fulfilling his need to rant.

How about we all chip in and buy him a soap box so he can go stand on a street corner? Maybe outside the Ca Med Board office in Sacramento (Sacto can use the excitement)?

OP doesn't want to bother to either learn the criteria the Ca Med Board uses, or believe it. The board ONLY inspects schools that don't educate students from their own country. Therefore, schools in Cuba (which educate mostly all Cubans), the middle east (ditto) and even places like Afghanistan or Pakistan (ditto-ditto) are exempt.

The board rules require an on-site inspection for schools that exist pimarily to educate US students - the schools in the Carib, mostly.

And overall, I think it's a good thing. Some of these WHO approved 'schools' are fly-by-night operations, requiring only a wallet biopsy for entry. Verifying that the schools actually have buildings (oh, SMU is still renting?), acutally has classes and requires attendance, etc. prevents the diploma mills from 'graduating physicians'.

I have nothing to do with chinese government. However, that was just my example to show the attitude the board has towards the citizens of california.

They knew about the taiwan name long time ago, but they did not change until after the Chinese consulate contacted them.

there is NOTHING racism about taiwanese, you obviously don't understand the meanig of racism! people in taiwan are all Chinese, so how can Chinese discrimiate other chinese? taiwan is a part of china. just like may we say "purto rico is a part of US." if the US can occupy pr for so many years whose official language is not even english, i don't see why chinese can't occupy or unite with taiwan province.

what'sgoingon?? said:
Are you a secret agent of the Chinese government? Or, are you posing as a wacko to make the Chinese look really bad?

Why am I wasting my life reading this?

Why are posts with such obvious racism (referring to the Taiwanese) allowed to exist?

Such things, I will never know...

according to your logic, please explain why none of the north korean med. schools were approved by the ca. board?

and how did the board approve several med. schools in china that don't even exist?

flighterdoc said:
OP doesn't want to bother to either learn the criteria the Ca Med Board uses, or believe it. The board ONLY inspects schools that don't educate students from their own country. Therefore, schools in Cuba (which educate mostly all Cubans), the middle east (ditto) and even places like Afghanistan or Pakistan (ditto-ditto) are exempt.

CalEquality said:
I have nothing to do with chinese government. However, that was just my example to show the attitude the board has towards the citizens of california.

They knew about the taiwan name long time ago, but they did not change until after the Chinese consulate contacted them.

there is NOTHING racism about taiwanese, you obviously don't understand the meanig of racism! people in taiwan are all Chinese, so how can Chinese discrimiate other chinese? taiwan is a part of china. just like may we say "purto rico is a part of US." if the US can occupy pr for so many years whose official language is not even english, i don't see why chinese can't occupy or unite with taiwan province.

Sorry, I miswrote. I apologize, it seems ignorance is a communicable disease. Let me rephrase that to "nationalistic bigotry." Happy?

P.S. the US does not occupy Puerto Rico.

US invaded purto rico, and even today it is just a modern day colony in the fancy name of "commonwealth."

So there is absolutly nothing wrong for the Chinese to "invade" or unify taiwan whatever you like to call it. same rule applies to the tibet province of china. only the strongest wins.

what'sgoingon?? said:
Sorry, I miswrote. I apologize, it seems ignorance is a communicable disease. Let me rephrase that to "nationalistic bigotry." Happy?

P.S. the US does not occupy Puerto Rico.

u need a good therapist

dr.kicia said:
u need a good therapist

i don't need therapist. and we need more people to join us to make this injustice abolished.

and we need more people to join us to make this injustice abolished.

What injustice ?

CalEquality said:
only the strongest wins.

Ironic you say this. As as far as applicants to California residencies go - you are the weakest link!

As for calling people "dirty taiwanese pig" - well, that not only shows your character but will probably get you banned from this board (mods?).

Members don't see this ad :)
CalEquality said:
according to your logic, please explain why none of the north korean med. schools were approved by the ca. board?

and how did the board approve several med. schools in china that don't even exist?

It probably has something to do with the fact that North Korea is one of the most impoverished countries in the world (can even feed most of its citizens) and dictatorship that won't let people leave the country. I can't imagine they have any standard of medical education that even comes close to what California would allow. I also can't imagine the evil dictatorship of that country allowing anyone trained in its medical schools leave the country (let alone to come to California to become a doctor).

I am replying really to inform those who are not familiar with the Taiwan strait situation. For those citizens of the world, who have some idea about what's going on there, you don't need me to point out to you what a fanatic, zealous idiot this poster is, and what injustice is really there.

Let me see, where do I start? How about some facts?

The island of Taiwan historically and legally belongs to "Republic of China" not People's Republic of China. PRC never had any legal jurisdiction or sovereignty over the island of Taiwan. So whatever one chooses to call the government in Taiwan, be it Republic of Taiwan, or Republic of China, PRC has NO power over the government or the island. No amount of miseducation, propaganda, or military threat can change this fact.Taiwan is a maturing democracy, with economy, armed forces, and identity completely separate from mainland China. The two sides share similar culture, known as the chinese culture, but this does not mean Taiwan is part of China, just as Singapore is not part of China.

It is so obvious how inappropriate the Puerto Rico analogy is that I am not even going to comment on it. For those who's into analogies, how about North and South Korea???

The only reason this point is an issue is that chinese communist party, as a totalitarian governement, uses its political, economic and military power to bully the international community into denying Taiwan her right to be a normal member of the community. This is the real injustice. Where else in the world is a sovereign nation with flourishing democracy denied membership in the UN? If the roles were reversed, such that PRC resides on the island of Taiwan and ROC in mainland china, there is no way ROC/mainland would be denied membership.

I really don't know why this poster has such hatred or why he enjoys fanatic nationalistic masterbation. Has he been to Taiwan? Has he the concept of democracy? Has he the concept of nation? But I certainly hope further education would do him and others like him some good.

Go apply a job at any federal state agents, they will tell you that they do not discriminate by their education,race, etc.

look at bush, he is a graduate of Yale, oh, ya, big name, can he represent the graduates of Yale? no.

therefore, you can't judge me by which school I graduated, you can judge me by the experience, the knowledge that I have.

yes, those are dirty taiwanese pigs, because that dirty taiwanese pig refuses to believe that he is just a plain simple chinese. as far as i am concerned, there is only chinese, "taiwanese" is not a word in my dictionary.

Waiting4Ganong said:
Ironic you say this. As as far as applicants to California residencies go - you are the weakest link!

As for calling people "dirty taiwanese pig" - well, that not only shows your character but will probably get you banned from this board (mods?).

it is just amazing you people can come up with all kinds of excuses for the obvious discrimination the california medical board held against north korean doctors. no matter how bad that country is, those doctors are trained to save people's lives.

and i am sure that you can find at least one north korean doctor that is already practicing in the US.

What you are wrote here is simple discrimination based on a person's country origin. you have never been to north korea, how can you be so judgemental?

physicsnerd42 said:
It probably has something to do with the fact that North Korea is one of the most impoverished countries in the world (can even feed most of its citizens) and dictatorship that won't let people leave the country. I can't imagine they have any standard of medical education that even comes close to what California would allow. I also can't imagine the evil dictatorship of that country allowing anyone trained in its medical schools leave the country (let alone to come to California to become a doctor).

No, astrocyte, you are a true fanatic,zealous idiot. you forgot that your last name is still a chinese last name.

and whether it is republic of china or people's republic of china, today's taiwan is still a part of CHINA. therefore, the simple fact is that taiwan is still ruled under the name of China.

even your "friends" at the california board had to change taiwan's name after Chinese complained via email. That just showed that those board members are nothing, but paper tigers. The chinese did not even have to make a phone call, all they did was to send an email. the board changed its list in less than a week.

yes, ". No amount of miseducation, propaganda, or military threat can change this fact" that today's taiwan is very chinese, everything is chinese, chinese holidays, chinese food, even chinese dialects.

you are crazy to say that taiwan is not a part of china, you yourself wrote "Taiwan historically and legally belongs to "Republic of China." So you admit yourself that taiwan is still a part of China. Then later on you contradicted yourself by saying that it is not a part of china? you have no logic. call whatever you want, your passport still has "China" on top of the cover.

Why should UN give taiwan province an extra seat? Today's taiwan still flies the Chinese flag. If we give an extra seat for every chinese province, then UN would be overloaded.

I don't have to visit taiwan to know that everything about it is still plain simple chinese. if you want democracy, you should go ask all the chinese who still are living in taiwan province, if they think that taiwan is not a part of china. and when do you plan to change your last name, because it is also a chinese last name.

At last, whether you agree it or not, I see nothing wrong about Chinese overtaking taiwan province at all. The US goverment invaded a spanish speaking coutry - purto rico, made a colony, and it has been probably about 100 years, it still is a US colony. it amazes me to see idiots in the US want to "free tibet", hello, how about "free purto rico" first? and how about giving land back to mexico. So "democracy" is just a shady word to disguise the real intention. US government can use forces to invade a spanish speaking island, then there is nothing wrong about unifying taiwan province with China.

Pain is temporary, gain is forever.

Astrocyte said:
The island of Taiwan historically and legally belongs to "Republic of China" not People's Republic of China. ...... The two sides share similar culture, known as the chinese culture, but this does not mean Taiwan is part of China, just as Singapore is not part of China..

CalEquality said:

Given that Americans generally are not allowed to travel to N. Korea, Californian investigators would have a hard time visiting any school to access its capabilities to train doctors. Further, I doubt that NK universities typically educate foreign citizens, meaning, as flighterDoc mentioned, that the California Board would have no justifiable reason to inspect the schools for comparable quality.

On a side note, you say that you don't recognize the Taiwanese, but then turn around and call them pigs, thereby setting up a distinction between the Taiwanese and the Chinese.

How can some get so bent out of shape of a typo in a public document ?

f_w said:
How can some get so bent out of shape of a typo in a public document ?

It is NOT a typo. they can name it in many other ways, "people's democratic taiwan," "People's republic of taiwan," or plain simple "taiwan." It was an intentional name. And officially, the name from taiwan is "republic of China."
their web sites, their governmet agents, their passports, stamps, etc.
And I am sure that all the board members have bought something in their lifetime that was "Made in taiwan."

So there is absolutly no way in the world that the board made a simple "typo."

someone from the board must have got some money from taiwan, it is quite clear and obvious. As I may have said it before, the board members read this and the other web site very often, they knew that the name for taiwan was wrong for November of last year, they did not do anything about it. And the board changed it almost immediatly once the Chinese contacted them.
:smuggrin:

once again, I am just amazed how you people can come up explanations for the plain simple discrimination the board held against many caribbean IMGs.

someone else on the other site also said the same thing. but i want to ask you and tell everyone else, US citizens are not allowed to visit cuba, either. so it is clear that the board approved the two cuban medical schools without even visting that site, and without even contacting the cuban med. schools for documents. because the board is an official US agent, therefore, they are prohibitted to make any official contact with cuba.

and i don't care how different cuba and north korea are, i just want the board to explain to all californians why they approved one, but not the other.
that is just simple discrimination, based on political ideological bias. simple.

i didn't call any "taiwanese" pigs, haha, if u read the forum, you will know how my first post was banned.

deuist said:
Given that Americans generally are not allowed to travel to N. Korea, Californian investigators would have a hard time visiting any school to access its capabilities to train doctors. Further, I doubt that NK universities typically educate foreign citizens, meaning, as flighterDoc mentioned, that the California Board would have no justifiable reason to inspect the schools for comparable quality.

On a side note, you say that you don't recognize the Taiwanese, but then turn around and call them pigs, thereby setting up a distinction between the Taiwanese and the Chinese.

you are investig way too much energy into this trivial detail. take your meds and hang out in the time out room for a while.

CalEquality said:
once again, I am just amazed how you people can come up explanations for the plain simple discrimination the board held against many caribbean IMGs.

someone else on the other site also said the same thing. but i want to ask you and tell everyone else, US citizens are not allowed to visit cuba, either. so it is clear that the board approved the two cuban medical schools without even visting that site, and without even contacting the cuban med. schools for documents. because the board is an official US agent, therefore, they are prohibitted to make any official contact with cuba.

and i don't care how different cuba and north korea are, i just want the board to explain to all californians why they approved one, but not the other.
that is just simple discrimination, based on political ideological bias. simple.

i didn't call any "taiwanese" pigs, haha, if u read the forum, you will know how my first post was banned.

Just one more demented zealot.

to the thread. It is not only Taiwan, they included all FORMER republics of Soviet Union under the "Russia", although all of those republics are now independent states. Alma-ata medical institute belongs to KAZAKHSTAN, Tbilisi medical institute belongs to GEORGIA (independent state now). Etc...

You hear anybody going on a rampage over this ?

f_w said:
You hear anybody going on a rampage over this ?

Never...I mean who cares? that "list of accepted schools" was probably composed by a person who does not see a difference between Armenia and Azerbajdzhan, and you cannot blame him or her for that.

Never...I mean who cares? that "list of accepted schools" was probably composed by a person who does not see a difference between Armenia and Azerbajdzhan, and you cannot blame him or her for that.

:thumbup:

The same person probably thinks that Austria is 'down under' and wonders why a call to Tblisi is not covered under his nationwide long-distance plan....

Like most people in and outside of SDN, I disagree with CalEquality.

First, you can't expect to train in some random location in any field, and then expect to prance into the world's 5th strongest economy and start a living there. Without balancing, even California will collapse. Life is not fair, and while Californians can encourage other countries to adopt our system, we cannot stably welcome everyone here. It is so sad to see all these Mexicans rallying against deportation, only because they are so wrong. No other members in other countries can take shortcuts. Americans in the past sacrificed their lives to make this country the way it is today: Leaving their families to migrate across the Atlantic Ocean, fought the American Revolution, Civil War, WWI and WWII, and finally Communism. It's your country's or your past country's leader's responsibility that your country is unstable today. It is your fault for not wanting to stay in your own country. It is not Californian's responsibility to allow random foreigners to enter here and flood our markets and take our jobs, after our ancestors sacrificed so much to give their descendents a better life. So it is your responsibility to rise up against your failing government and change it, rather than complain that another successful country cannot accept you.

When the Philippines wanted to be removed from the US, we gave that to them. When Puerto Rico refused to become a state of the US 10 years ago, we gave that to them. If Puerto Rico wanted to be removed from the US, we would give that to them. So why is your China government forcing cities and small islands (HK, Taiwan) to become a part of them when they do not want to? Adopting the small cities and islands of Macau, HK, and Taiwan is not going to improve the overall economy of China, but it certainly has/will reduce the prestige and trading potential of China. Communism is obviously wrong, evident by Russia's change of political system and superpower status. So why won't China admit it? There are 1.3 billion Chinese citizens right now. Are you telling me that these people cannot overthrow the few aristocratic Communists? You watched a tank squash a college student, and none of you 1.3 billion people did a thing about it.

The point is, you are wrong, and China is wrong. Yet, you come here and criticize the way Californians and Taiwanese are conducting themselves. Give me a break...

Equal said:
Americans in the past sacrificed their lives to make this country the way it is today:
Killing native american people and their families, bringing slaves and rasism. Needless to say that your prosperity arose from free labor you had by subjecting poor africans to humiliating treatment.

How does this statement support or refute my statement?

Fact: CalEquality wants to work and live here. That is the entire point of this thread. HE thinks this is the best place to work and live, that's why he's trying to move out of his native country and immigrate here to become a doctor. I never said the past or present US is perfect (and whether anyone thinks that is irrelevant to my post or this topic). Whether or not Native Americans or Af Americans were suppressed in the past has nothing to do with the fact that past US Americans made sacrifices so that today, their descendents are living in a way that ***CalEquality wants to live.***

Now, to move away from this thread's topic and address the topic of your post. Your statement proves that US Americans may not have started out from the best initial point since they adopted many practices from England, but they are willing to change and move in the right direction. While the US was driving out Native Americans and practicing slavery, the Qing emperor was suppressing the Koreans and Chinese (even forcing them to wear a specific pony tails), the English were suppressing people from all over the world including India, the Spanish was forcing out Native Americans in South America, and Napolean was acting as the first anti-Christ. US Americans were the first ones who led the entire world to improve on civil rights, especially Californians. China, on the other hand, has always suppressed people and is currently still doing so. So in my opinion, is the US perfect? Far from that. But do I respect US Americans because of their progress? Yes sir. Do I respect China because of their progress? Hell no.

stalvl said:
Killing native american people and their families, bringing slaves and rasism. Needless to say that your prosperity arose from free labor you had by subjecting poor africans to humiliating treatment.

By the way, I say what I said with the notion that I am genetically half Chinese, and I grew up in Hong Kong. I am not racist. I am contesting this thread with 100% rationality.

Equal said:
By the way, I say what I said with the notion that I am genetically half Chinese, and I grew up in Hong Kong. I am not racist. I am contesting this thread with 100% rationality.
if you half chinese then remember that your parents came to USA as immigrants with the hope to give you a future. SO other people also want to move and live in USA nawadays so that their kids could have future.....:)

Exactly, thus I somewhat understand CalEquality's plight. However, for legal or illegal immigrants to demand that rules be bent and short-cuts be provided is just plain wrong. Neither my ancestors or I aim to move into another person's country and then expect that person to move over for me to make a living. I expect to follow THAT COUNTRY's rules, and respect its laws while I squeeze in, or else I shouldn't move to that country.

stalvl said:
if you half chinese then remember that your parents came to USA as immigrants with the hope to give you a future. SO other people also want to move and live in USA nawadays so that their kids could have future.....:)

if all y'all are pre-meds I hope you can direct as much energy to medicine as you can to complaining about this stupid semantic crap... y'all be the next Listers'. WHO CARES??? Just get your MD anyway you can and worry about being a good doc... the rest of it is just hypertension!
The evaluation of medic schools is mostly fu@ked anyway... it's all based on the flexner report which was about as politically driven as anything running around inside the beltway. In case most of you didn't notice 90% of the crap you put up with to get to the hollowed MD has nothing to do with treating patients... Harvard, Johns-H, Columbia, SMU, Laval, SGU, U of Whatever. Most of it is making your numbers look good and playing dog and pony show... any actual docs here will probably tell you that no education did anything more than give them the opportunity to realize how f#@ked up they were the first few times they had to deal with a real patient with an emergency... once you get over the dumb head-light look your education will kick in and make a difference... but that education is mostly on you, not your school.
BUT QUIT COMPLAINING ABOUT A LICENSE... GO OVERSEAS AND PRACTICE IF YOU CAN'T IN CA (you'd probably save twice over the cost of med school not paying malprac premiums in ca anyway!!!!!!!!!)

You've completely missed the essence of this thread.

1) I'm not premed, far from.

2) No one is talking about medical school rankings here. It is talking about schools accepted by the board: the schools are evaluated not with a numerical score, but a yes or no.

3) This issue is legitimate. It's not all about what ONE wants to do and where ONE wants to do it. Some people have a wife and children, and must think for their futures.

Aseptic said:
if all y'all are pre-meds I hope you can direct as much energy to medicine as you can to complaining about this stupid semantic crap... y'all be the next Listers'. WHO CARES??? Just get your MD anyway you can and worry about being a good doc... the rest of it is just hypertension!
The evaluation of medic schools is mostly fu@ked anyway... it's all based on the flexner report which was about as politically driven as anything running around inside the beltway. In case most of you didn't notice 90% of the crap you put up with to get to the hollowed MD has nothing to do with treating patients... Harvard, Johns-H, Columbia, SMU, Laval, SGU, U of Whatever. Most of it is making your numbers look good and playing dog and pony show... any actual docs here will probably tell you that no education did anything more than give them the opportunity to realize how f#@ked up they were the first few times they had to deal with a real patient with an emergency... once you get over the dumb head-light look your education will kick in and make a difference... but that education is mostly on you, not your school.
BUT QUIT COMPLAINING ABOUT A LICENSE... GO OVERSEAS AND PRACTICE IF YOU CAN'T IN CA (you'd probably save twice over the cost of med school not paying malprac premiums in ca anyway!!!!!!!!!)

I have no idea why this thread is in existence, but just to clarify a point -

I think Astrocyte meant that Taiwan belongs to the REPUBLIC of China which is was established after the overthrow of the last dynasty as a democracy. The republic was soon overthrown by Mao Tse-tung who established the PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC of China in the 1930s (about). The people who were part of the republic, like Sun Yat-Sen and Chiang Kai-shek fled to Taiwan after the communist revolution. That's why people say that Taiwan belongs to the republic of china and not the PRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.