CARS - 1st Passage Woes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medtech9

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I've been practicing the CARS section, ~4 passages per day. I've noticed that the first passage I work on (even if I initially skip a tough legal/philosophy passage that might be first in page order) I am doing considerably worse (~3 questions wrong) than the rest of the passages in that session (~1 question wrong/passage).

This is probably a getting-into-the-mindset thing, but has anyone run into something similar and/or have any tips?

Also, I'm targeting a 127+ on this section for the MCAT. Would missing about 1 question per passage generally put me over or under? Just want to judge my progress...I'm taking the MCAT in a few months so I still have time to practice

Members don't see this ad.

It’s impossible to say how many questions wrong per passage will equal what score since the mcat is scaled and it all depends on how you do compared to all other test takers on exam day.

I also had trouble with the first passsage of cars and I would just get through it best I could while keeping in the back of my mind the knowledge I’d have to come back and leave time at the end of the section to re read and re answer those questions.

Reactions: 1 user