Caribbean Optometry/pharmacy schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phuongle2

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I was wondering if it is much easier to get into pharm/optometry schools in the Caribbean. I'm from the states, so I don't know if the Caribbean license will get accepted in U.S. Anybody know the science and overall GPA to get into Caribbean pharm/opt school, and the admission rate for foreign students? Is the admission process hard? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

phuongle2 said:
Hi,
I was wondering if it is much easier to get into pharm/optometry schools in the Caribbean. I'm from the states, so I don't know if the Caribbean license will get accepted in U.S. Anybody know the science and overall GPA to get into Caribbean pharm/opt school, and the admission rate for foreign students? Is the admission process hard? Thank you.

I worked for two ODs for several months and two of my coworkers were going to optometry school in PR. They said it was easy to get into but some of their second year classes were taught in Spanish. The Docs that I was working for said that the passing rate for grad. inorder to practice in the US was very low. I am not going to a OD school but I just worked for one and these are the opinions maybe facts that they gave me. As far as Pharmacy school there is one also in PR but I don't know anything about that.

Puerto Rico is considered US and not foreign, so it is not the same.