Cardiology Fellowship..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jani

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Could anybody who is going through or had gone through this experience please comment on the physical input that is required during the 3 yrs..

I have been hearing a lot about night calls after calls in the cath lab etc. I guess if one decides to be a non interventional cardiologist this won't be the case once they finish the fellowship, still 3 yrs of night calls, makes me think, yes, I need to be a bit more realistic ...:oops:

Members don't see this ad.

"non-interventional" Cardiologists still do diagnostic Cath if they choose to do so (these are Invasive/non-Interventional Cardiologists). So out in private practice you could still have the demands of the Cath lab in addition to other clinical responsibilities as a non-interventionalist.

Task

Thanks.. well I am realy losing the interest in Cardiology, the more I think about it. Is it true, most residents doing IM compete for Cardiology ?? If so I better move on with my life with somethinga bit less wanted.

Anybody has any comments on Endocrinology post 3 yr IM residency...