Can't bill shared Ccm time with NP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tartesos

Medalaganario
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you have np in your Icu and you wanted to cosign their note and bill... Not possible anymore.
You can bill Ccm time the same day but you would need your own note.

So NP are being treated more like doctors, and you can get some of that training online. Wtf?

Members don't see this ad.

If you have np in your Icu and you wanted to cosign their note and bill... Not possible anymore.
You can bill Ccm time the same day but you would need your own note.

So NP are being treated more like doctors, and you can get some of that training online. Wtf?

As far as I know you can still bill from their note for a regular follow-up. You just can't bill critical care time on their note.

Where are you getting the information that you can no longer bill from a NP's note on a basic follow-up?

I meant to say Ccm time like my title says.
In an Icu this makes a world of difference(Ccm time).

Now I'm not even sure you can bill a regular f/u of their note, as they are being treated as independent providers...
Billing and coding lectures suck.

I will be hiring PA's if I have to in the future.

Members don't see this ad :)
I meant to say Ccm time like my title says.
In an Icu this makes a world of difference(Ccm time).

Now I'm not even sure you can bill a regular f/u of their note, as they are being treated as independent providers...
Billing and coding lectures suck.

I will be hiring PA's if I have to in the future.

Me and sell my partners have been billing follow ups off of NP notes and have not heard anything from our coders to the contrary.

You still can't bill CC time on a PA's note either. So only hiring PAs won't be a solution either. I actually prefer NPs to PAs in the unit because of their background and the context they bring. But I mostly use my NPs and PAs to handle interference while I see patients and document. I tell them to arrange scan or procedures, make sure all the orders are in, handle all the nursing pages, etc.

If you want to maximally bill in the ICU, you will not be able I just sit back and have someone do your documentation for you. Even on resident notes, which you can bill CC time on you need to describe how you did arrived at you critical care time in a detailed paragraph or it will probably get rejected for critical care time.

Me and sell my partners have been billing follow ups off of NP notes and have not heard anything from our coders to the contrary.

You still can't bill CC time on a PA's note either. So only hiring PAs won't be a solution either. I actually prefer NPs to PAs in the unit because of their background and the context they bring. But I mostly use my NPs and PAs to handle interference while I see patients and document. I tell them to arrange scan or procedures, make sure all the orders are in, handle all the nursing pages, etc.

If you want to maximally bill in the ICU, you will not be able I just sit back and have someone do your documentation for you. Even on resident notes, which you can bill CC time on you need to describe how you did arrived at you critical care time in a detailed paragraph or it will probably get rejected for critical care time.
Thanks!
Good to know about pa's.
For residents our coders told us that a description of how ill is the patient and at risk of deterioration etc and a brief assessment/plan if it differs from the r note is enough.
I don't like the importance np's get but that's just my pet peeve.