Canadian High school students going to RCSI 2006

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vegetto_456

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone one here is currently in a Canadian high school and going to RCSI this fall? :D

PS. Did UCD send out all their offers of acceptances yet? (i am still hoping to go to UCD over RCSI - tuition is so much cheaper) :p

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in an Canadian High School, and I applied to UCD ;).

Haven't heard anything from UCD yet though.. :smuggrin: .

v-man said:
I'm in an Canadian High School, and I applied to UCD ;).

Haven't heard anything from UCD yet though.. :smuggrin: .

Well i got an email back from ABP and UCD and they both say that if we havent heard any news from them yet {like a rejection letter }, we are still being considered. :)
Apparently they haven't finalized their 2nd round of offers yet. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Excellent!!....Do you have any idea when these second rounds end?

V-man
PS: check ur PM

Hello I am an American High School Junior who wants to apply to Irish Medical Programs. I would like to ask you guys

1) How hard is it to get in? I know Trinity should be hardest, but what about UCD??

2) What entrance exam did you take - did you take SAT - SATIIs - Canadian Entrance exam(is there any?)

3) When did you apply?

4) Do you guys have AOL or MSN instant messenger so we can talk - PM me ur info if you guys do, it would be amazing to talk to you I have so many unanswered questions :confused:

ThatKidMike said:
Hello I am an American High School Junior who wants to apply to Irish Medical Programs. I would like to ask you guys

1) How hard is it to get in? I know Trinity should be hardest, but what about UCD??

2) What entrance exam did you take - did you take SAT - SATIIs - Canadian Entrance exam(is there any?)

3) When did you apply?

4) Do you guys have AOL or MSN instant messenger so we can talk - PM me ur info if you guys do, it would be amazing to talk to you I have so many unanswered questions :confused:

Hi mike.
To answer your first question, it all depends on the pool of applicants for this year. Solid letters of recommendations, solid marks and a good essay will help a lot. (i had my science teachers write my letters of recommendations).
BTW I wasn't aware that Trinity had a 6 year program :confused: I assume that is what you are applying to.

For your 2nd question, no entrance exams are required (for us canadians atleast). If you have taken SAT test, you can inclued the score but I am almost positive that they don't require it.

For the dealine date, its around Nov 15th and i sent in my app a week before.

PS. I sent u my msn address by PM

Best of luck with your application :)

vegetto_456 said:
Hi mike.
To answer your first question, it all depends on the pool of applicants for this year. Solid letters of recommendations, solid marks and a good essay will help a lot. (i had my science teachers write my letters of recommendations).
BTW I wasn't aware that Trinity had a 6 year program :confused: I assume that is what you are applying to.

For your 2nd question, no entrance exams are required (for us canadians atleast). If you have taken SAT test, you can inclued the score but I am almost positive that they don't require it.

For the dealine date, its around Nov 15th and i sent in my app a week before.

PS. I sent u my msn address by PM

Best of luck with your application :)

Thanks, any American students out there who applied this year? :D

Hey, I am a canadian high school student who just did my RCSI interview..hopefully all goes well and i get accepted! :D

lilhit said:
Hey, I am a canadian high school student who just did my RCSI interview..hopefully all goes well and i get accepted! :D

lilhit when was your interview? My one was feb 3, 06 at New York. There were other canadian high school students there when i arrived for my interview. We may have met each other before our interviews (if your interview was on feb 3rd) :D

v-man said:
Excellent!!....Do you have any idea when these second rounds end?

V-man
PS: check ur PM
There are second through 15th or so rounds of offers I think. I know someone who got their acceptance a few weeks before the term started. Something ridiculous like September 5th and the first years started about September 28th.

The point of this: If you haven't gotten a rejection or acceptance letter by now, you've probably been waitlisted. If you've been waitlisted, there's a REALLY good chance that you'll get an offer sooner or later. Don't give up hope!

You get emailed if you're waitlisted. Or so they did after the Feb interviews.

Slam Master J said:

are you talking about RCSI or UCD? I believe UCD doesn't do the whole interview thing???

ya, RCSI sends emails thru AB to tell you if you are on a waitlist. They did so after the Feb round of interviews.

why would I be talking about UCD?

Slam Master J said:
ya, RCSI sends emails thru AB to tell you if you are on a waitlist. They did so after the Feb round of interviews.

why would I be talking about UCD?

Because he was refering to both, but no worries ;) ..

v-man said:
Because he was refering to both, but no worries ;) ..

lets not get grammatical or start arguing, we're future med students - its us VERSUS admissions, not us VERSUS each other :thumbup:

Slam Master J said:

I assumed that since this entire string is about RCSI, and also that RCSI is the only school to conduct 'Feb interviews' (the only to conduct interviews period)... well... ya.

Slam Master J said:
I assumed that since this entire string is about RCSI, and also that RCSI is the only school to conduct 'Feb interviews' (the only to conduct interviews period)... well... ya.

My Apologies...I sucked at English.....or common sense..my bad..lol..

vegetto_456 said:
lilhit when was your interview? My one was feb 3, 06 at New York. There were other canadian high school students there when i arrived for my interview. We may have met each other before our interviews (if your interview was on feb 3rd) :D

Hey I just got accepted to RCSI for fall 2006 6 year program..I have a couple questions if you could hit me back it would be appreciated..

Thanks

Hey dudes,
American high school applicant accepted to RCSI 6 year program, just feel like getting acquainted with some of my fellow RCSI'ers. Also waiting for UCD and Trinity, but bad luck on Cork.
Drop in a PM or whatever if you feel like it!
Peace

liumichael said:
Hey dudes,
American high school applicant accepted to RCSI 6 year program, just feel like getting acquainted with some of my fellow RCSI'ers. Also waiting for UCD and Trinity, but bad luck on Cork.
Drop in a PM or whatever if you feel like it!
Peace

What up man? Congrats on getting into RCSI. I believe that UCD has sent out all their offers and since you have not yet gotten a rejection yet you are on their waitlist. I called them (ABP) and they told me that the people who were not rejected are on the "reserve list"