This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Typicalstudent100

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just recently took the American DAT. My results were:
PAT: 21
Bio: 20
Ochem: 26
Gchem: 21
QR: 23
RC:20
AA: 22

I'm not very happy with these so I would like take the Canadian DAT (I live in Canada) in November.
Right now everything is fresh in my mind from studying for 2-3 months for the ADAT. However, I'm going to be taking a heavy load of courses from September and I'm afraid I wont be able to study very much during that time. I need advice on HOW to study during this time!

Also, for the DAT I went over all of Cliff AP and Ferialis notes for Bio. Chad's videos/quizzes and DAT Destroyer for Gchem, and Crack DAT for RC. I also did all the full length tests and PAT + RC practices from DAT Bootcamp.

So my problem now is, should I just go over all of these practices I've already done? Or should I try to find new things? And what would be some other good resources??
I really need to get a high score on this upcoming DAT.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)

I'm not very happy with these so I would like take the Canadian DAT (I live in Canada) in November.
Right now everything is fresh in my mind from studying for 2-3 months for the ADAT. However, I'm going to be taking a heavy load of courses from September and I'm afraid I wont be able to study very much during that time. I need advice on HOW to study during this time!

Also, for the DAT I went over all of Cliff AP and Ferialis notes for Bio. Chad's videos/quizzes and DAT Destroyer for Gchem, and Crack DAT for RC. I also did all the full length tests and PAT + RC practices from DAT Bootcamp.

So my problem now is, should I just go over all of these practices I've already done? Or should I try to find new things? And what would be some other good resources??

Hey so whether you want to take it or not is up to you. I think your marks are great but by all means it's your money and time so if you think you can do better then go for it!

So I took the Canadian DAT. I used Cliff AP for bio, Chad's videos/quizzes for chem, Kaplan and random online passages for RC and Crack the DAT PAT for PAT. I also did DAT Bootcamp and DAT destroyer for bio and chem. So since you basically used the same resources I'd stick to those, I dont really think you need to invest more money into others. The best resource I used was DAT Bootcamp! I've never written the American DAT so I can't really compare but the Canadian one isn't too difficult.

My stats were: Bio 30, Chem 25, TS 29, AA 25, PAT 23, RC 21

Reactions: 1 user
Hey so whether you want to take it or not is up to you. I think your marks are great but by all means it's your money and time so if you think you can do better then go for it!

So I took the Canadian DAT. I used Cliff AP for bio, Chad's videos/quizzes for chem, Kaplan and random online passages for RC and Crack the DAT PAT for PAT. I also did DAT Bootcamp and DAT destroyer for bio and chem. So since you basically used the same resources I'd stick to those, I dont really think you need to invest more money into others. The best resource I used was DAT Bootcamp! I've never written the American DAT so I can't really compare but the Canadian one isn't too difficult.

My stats were: Bio 30, Chem 25, TS 29, AA 25, PAT 23, RC 21

those scores are amazing. Are there any strategies you used for chem and bio that you think would help me to study?? anything would be helpful

There's no need for you to retake in all honesty. You don't need to necessarily believe the retake spiel though. I think if you're motivated enough it's very possible to do better. You canadians make me sick though...

those scores are amazing. Are there any strategies you used for chem and bio that you think would help me to study?? anything would be helpful

Honestly just so much practise. I found the Bootcamp questions a lot harder than the DAT questions so if you're doing all of those and getting a good score then you are set! The destroyer has good questions but mostly all of them are "All of the above" which didn't help me much.
For bio I mainly focused on the content I hadn't really learned in school like plants anatomy and stuff like that. I majored in human physiology so I didn't really study that content in too much depth.
Draw diagrams, spend a lot of time on stuff you dont know well, and practise lots of questions! You're going to ace it!

The moment when I start to feel good about my 21AA and somebody scores higher and still wants a retake :( hahah

The moment when I start to feel good about my 21AA and somebody scores higher and still wants a retake :( hahah

21AA is a dope score and don't let anyone tell you otherwise, it's just that Canadian schools have been getting absolutely ridiculous

Reactions: 1 user

Solid scores. Whereabouts are you applying in Canada? If you live in BC, I feel like those DAT scores should give you a strong chance at UBC. I'm not as familiar with the stats for schools east of UBC (since I doubt I'm competitive at any of them :p)

Solid scores. Whereabouts are you applying in Canada? If you live in BC, I feel like those DAT scores should give you a strong chance at UBC. I'm not as familiar with the stats for schools east of UBC (since I doubt I'm competitive at any of them :p)
I want to apply to UBC actually! But I only have 82% average (going to my 4th year currently; so I won't be able to drop my worst year). Idk how good my chances are.. what do you think?

I want to apply to UBC actually! But I only have 82% average (going to my 4th year currently; so I won't be able to drop my worst year). Idk how good my chances are.. what do you think?

You're probably on the edge! My friend recently got in this cycle with 83% and 23PAT 22AA. Retaking the DAT might help you... But I just feel that it's such a gamble/diceroll, seeing as 22AA and 21PAT is already such a dope score. Canadian feels :(

It'd be funny if we secretly knew each other lmfao

Last edited: