CANADIAN APPLICANT HELP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stargirl56789

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone
I have a question about the organic chemistry requirement. Most universities require organic chemistry 1 and 2 with each having a lab component. I am doing my undergrad at UBC and we only have one organic chem course (CHEM 233) worth 3 credits and an organic lab (CHEM 235) worth 1 credit. Would these two courses (4 credits) satisfy the 8 credit organic chem courses?
I know its a long shot, as I'm guessing I have to take another organic chem course, but the other organic chem courses offered at my university are for chem majors only.
Any advice??
Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone
I have a question about the organic chemistry requirement. Most universities require organic chemistry 1 and 2 with each having a lab component. I am doing my undergrad at UBC and we only have one organic chem course (CHEM 233) worth 3 credits and an organic lab (CHEM 235) worth 1 credit. Would these two courses (4 credits) satisfy the 8 credit organic chem courses?
I know its a long shot, as I'm guessing I have to take another organic chem course, but the other organic chem courses offered at my university are for chem majors only.
Any advice??
Thanks in advance!
You are trying to have 4 plus zero equal 8.

Probably not. Just apply and if you get in, take Orgo 2 online the Jan semester after the fact.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone
Any advice??
Thanks in advance!
Surprised no one offered this advice: Try talking to your advisors/department heads if you can be given an exception to register into the other organic chem courses offered only to chem majors? Maybe minor in chemistry so you can access them? I'm sure there's a way if you explain to them your situation and future dental school plans. They may understand.