Can you go to Med School Interview with Whatever Hair Style you Want?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PHARMBOY69

Reaction score
My cousin has a Med School Interview and he wears a Cornrows hair style. He is white so I'm not sure if people will consider it cultural appropriation or something but a lot of girls think he looks sexy in it and his GF likes it on him so he refuses to change it.

If he goes to the interview will that be automatic disqualification?

To be honest if you asked me would I go to a doctor that wear cornrows? Well YES i would.....but i know MOST people will not. So I do understand if this hair is not "appropriate" although its such a shame we value people based on something as arbitrary as hair or clothing.

I would't care if my doctor wore a bath robe if he was smart and saving my life tbh

Members don't see this ad.

The answer is 'Yes, you can go to Med School interview with whatever hair style you want'.

Whether you SHOULD or not is probably best answered by the fact that you have to ask if that particular hair style may or may not be acceptable in the first place.

Whether it should or should not be acceptable is a separate related conversation.

Reactions: 1 users
My cousin has a Med School Interview and he wears a Cornrows hair style. He is white so I'm not sure if people will consider it cultural appropriation or something but a lot of girls think he looks sexy in it and his GF likes it on him so he refuses to change it.

If he goes to the interview will that be automatic disqualification?

To be honest if you asked me would I go to a doctor that wear cornrows? Well YES i would.....but i know MOST people will not. So I do understand if this hair is not "appropriate" although its such a shame we value people based on something as arbitrary as hair or clothing.

I would't care if my doctor wore a bath robe if he was smart and saving my life tbh
Like it or not, one has to look professional.

I think I'd be OK with your cousin. It will all depend upon how the interview goes.

Cornrows hair style. He is white so I'm not sure if people will consider it cultural appropriation or something but a lot of girls think he looks sexy in it and his GF likes it on him so he refuses to change it.

South Florida?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user