Can you get accepted without letters of rec?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cmoh

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

So I interviewed at Salus over a week ago (11/8). I got an email from them on Friday asking if I can get my letter of recommendation from my TA cosigned by the professor. This professor is super busy and is very particular about who he gives letters to so I was unable to get a signature. However, I have a letter already submitted from and OD, and two that aren't submitted yet (science and public health professors). I believe those three should fill the requirement. I was wondering if Salus would accept me without these letters or if it'll be a provisional acceptance? Should I talk to my professors and ask if there's any way they can get them in this week? I didn't want them to stress over them so I gave them an unofficial due date of November 30th.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

November 30th isn't too late, but I hope you didn't tell your professors that this was an "unofficial due date." You should let them know that you have already completed and submitted your application and that their letters are the last thing you are waiting for. Maybe not explicitly like that, but stress that you really hope the letters can be done and sent by Nov. 30. Maybe something like, "I really appreciate you taking the time to write me a letter a recommendation. I have already completed my application and I have set the deadline for the letters to be due on Nov. 30 for your leisure. Thus, if you can have it submitted by then or sooner, it would be much appreciated!" Also, follow up on them the week prior to just remind them. You might feel like you are annoying them, but they already did agree to write the letter and they know how important these LoR are. It is very likely that they just forget because professors are busy.

Reactions: 1 user