can we change our rank lists post-deadline?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Fine! It was a stupid question, and I'm sorry for asking it! I was freaking out and in a moment of blind insanity thought I'd ask people here, because I thought I had read in a post from a few years ago that you could pay money to change your ROL. Whatever. I hope you've all had your fun; at the very least, the irritation you've all felt in dealing with the stupidity of my question may be outweighed by the enjoyment you've taken in jumping down my throat. And not that anyone cares, but I'm perfectly happy with my ROL and would not change it at this point. I'm glad I didn't have my little panic attack right before the deadline because then I WOULD have changed my list and I would now be really upset.

My apologies. Now please let this thread die.

Well you're the one who started the thread. You knew it was a stupid question but you asked it anyway. What did you think we were going to say? That no, the ROL deadline is not true. That its a conspiracy put forth by the evil NRMP organization just to prey upon innocent residency applicants? Jeez, grow a thick skin and don't ask dumb questions next time.

But thanks for the thread anyway. I'm getting some good laughs out of it.

Members don't see this ad.

Well you're the one who started the thread. You knew it was a stupid question but you asked it anyway. What did you think we were going to say? That no, the ROL deadline is not true. That its a conspiracy put forth by the evil NRMP organization just to prey upon innocent residency applicants? Jeez, grow a thick skin and don't ask dumb questions next time.

But thanks for the thread anyway. I'm getting some good laughs out of it.

You realize that this thread is a year old, right?

Thanks to whoever bumped it, this is a SDN classic! :laugh:

You realize that this thread is a year old, right?

Thanks to whoever bumped it, this is a SDN classic! :laugh:

:laugh: Silly me, I wasn't even paying attention to the date.

All the same though, has to be one on the funniest threads on SDN.

Just remember one thing. There is no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people who ask questions.

just kidding

cluelessness.jpg

You know, I wonder where the OP ended up doing residency. She's probably getting burned by her attendings and upper-level residents for asking stupid questions.

Post #1: Stupid question, prefaced with the comment, "This is probably a stupid question, but . . . "

Posts #2-7: Variations on "Wow, this is a stupid question."

Posts #8-9: The defenders of kindness arrive, "You people are such a$$holes. Why can't you be nice?"

Posts #10-14: An evil wind blows across the land, "The OP is stupid, and so are all you people defending him/her."

Posts #15-17: Truce talks commence, "Yes, it was a silly question, but the responses were kind of funny. Maybe we should all step back and lighten up."

Post #18: Troll instigates new outbreak of fighting.

Posts #19-26: Repeats of posts 2 through 17.

Post #27: OP checks back in, says something indignant then appologetic.

Posts #28-30: Thread slowly dies.

Post 31-50: Thread is revived and everybody waits patiently to see when the OP will revisit the thread and realize that the desire to "let it die" is pointless. OP is probably awaiting match day (again) and is now phobic about posting on any forum and will spend match day premedicated on benzos and beer...

THIS IS TOOOO DANG FUNNY!!! I applaud your committment to reviving this thread 1 year later!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
yawn...
you guys are boring me. the OP is probably not giving a sht about any of this because there is more important stuff in her life to deal with then bored medical students who need to find hobbies.

yawn...
you guys are boring me. the OP is probably not giving a sht about any of this because there is more important stuff in her life to deal with then bored medical students who need to find hobbies.

purplepants, are you neurokitty? :laugh:

there's still time to change your list.:)

until next year;)

I think it is time to revive this thread just in case we have another medical student wanting to change their ROL after the deadline.

P.S. This thread makes me wonder how things turned out for Neurokitty.

I think it is time to revive this thread just in case we have another medical student wanting to change their ROL after the deadline.

flux capacitor.....:lol:

you beat me to it.;)

Neurokitty died in a logging accident. Who decided this thread was a classic?

Actually, there *is* a way to revise your rank list after the deadline...up to March 12th. If--and only if--your email with the subject "2010 Match Day Schedule" came from the lychee listserv, you can reply to that email changing the subject to "Fahrvergnügen" with the new ROL in the body text. Sorry, but those who received the email from the louvie listserv are not eligible to do this.

:laugh:

Actually, there *is* a way to revise your rank list after the deadline...up to March 12th. If--and only if--your email with the subject "2010 Match Day Schedule" came from the lychee listserv, you can reply to that email changing the subject to "Fahrvergnügen" with the new ROL in the body text. Sorry, but those who received the email from the louvie listserv are not eligible to do this.

:laugh:

I have heard this is also true for 2011.