can someone please off erme advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedman

Future dentist, I hope
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here is my current situation, and I was hoping someon out there could help me out. I have a crappy undergraduate gpa (2.9ish), but when AADSAS calculates it, since they average everything, I only have like a 2.6. I knew I would not get into any school with that gpa, so I went on to get my Masters degree in biology. I have a 3.4 graduate gpa. Ok, so I am going to apply to schools now, but I am also considering doing a post bac, hopefully one with soem type of linkage. here is my question. Being that I have a somewhat strong graduate gpa, should I just keep taking two classes a semester at my local state school. This way, I can still work full time, and continue to increase my graduate gpa. Or, would I be better off quitting my job and trying to get into either a post bac or maters program. A post bac will not do too much onb my undergraduate gpa in terms of increasing it, but it may show a strong upward trnd. any advice? I would really appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad.

You don't need to increase your graduate GPA; you need to increase your undergraduate GPA. Your undergraduate grades are what the admissions committee cares about, not the graduate course work. Go do post-bacc work and get that ugrad GPA above a 3.0 before applying.