Can schools still review your OptomCAS application prior to verification?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thehyrule97

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've been in the process of completing my OptomCAS application for a month now. I managed to get a majority of the application finished within a week but the transcript receiving process has been hell for me. For various reasons I've got college credit from a few different colleges, most of which were not able to send their transcripts electronically because they were not on OptomCAS' database. I've been missing two transcripts for the past 3 weeks and it's really frustrating because although I know you can go ahead and submit the application prior to receiving everything, I'm not sure if schools are able to review it or make a decision prior to receiving all necessary paperwork/verification. I had the two schools send out their transcripts via standard mail and for some reason it takes OptomCAS 7-10 business days to process the transcripts which is insane because it already takes around 2-4 business days to get there by mail. I've been calling OptomCAS nonstop about these transcripts and they always say they're in the process of "searching" for it but it's been like 2 weeks since I've sent out my transcript search request and I've still not heard back. I went ahead and had the schools send out their transcripts a second time so I'll have to wait another 7-10 business days to see if the second transcripts were received or if they somehow get lost again because OptomCAS' mail department has no clue how to keep track of things. Anyways I apologize for the rant, just needed to get that off my chest but yeah my question is are schools still able to review your application and/or make a decision prior to verification? If it's dependent on the schools then I've applied to KYCO, UABSO, and IUSO but have not heard a response from any of the schools. I did just submit my applications last Thursday though.

Members don't see this ad.