Can PA with revoked license obtain certification in other medical fields? Nursing, etc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gus59

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
My best friend recently lost her Physician Assistant license in California after long and expensive litigation concerning whether she was properly supervised by a physician. Could she go back to school and gain certification in another medical field (nursing, tech work, etc)? She practiced for many years and is very knowledgable. Aside from insurance/medical device companies, what are her options? Any informed advice is appreciated. She doesn't deserve what's happening to her.

Members don't see this ad.

Go to the Pa forums website and ask there.

She also needs legal advice on that aspect. She should examine every alternative available to her, even relocation, rather than go back to school to retool her career from scratch. Even pharmaceutical sales would be an option instead of going back to school to be an NP. The hangup that comes to mind would be when she tries to get credentialed as an NP. I don’t imagine there would be anything keeping her from getting a nurses license as an RN though.

That’s why PAs need to be independent providers like NPs are in most places, albeit in California, I think NPs are still dependent for the time being.

Reactions: 1 user
My best friend recently lost her Physician Assistant license in California after long and expensive litigation concerning whether she was properly supervised by a physician. Could she go back to school and gain certification in another medical field (nursing, tech work, etc)? She practiced for many years and is very knowledgable. Aside from insurance/medical device companies, what are her options? Any informed advice is appreciated. She doesn't deserve what's happening to her.

More to this story then being let on. It's hard for a PA to lose a license it must be something egregious

Reactions: 1 user