can my tooth smell?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

88porsche928

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am stationed at MCAS Miramar. A while ago I broke one of my back teeth (it previously had a filling) while eating a steak. I went to base dental and they just repaired another tooth that had a crack in it. they did not touch the broken tooth which was the reason why I came in. For some reason I figured they would call me to come in to get the tooth repaired. they didnt. my broken tooth which by the way is like 50% missing started making my breath smell horrible. I went in again and they scheduled me for an appt. The did not do a root canal they just built it up by filling it. the smell went away for a little bit then it started again. They re- xrayed my mouth and found the fillind was to long underneath the gum line. so eventually they cut open my gums, sanded down the oversized area of the fillind and removed a small amount of my gum tissue becuase it was infected. so now i have a gap inbetween two teeth so my food gets easily caught in between. for a little while the smell went away now its back. i am tired of base dental , all they had to do is give me a root canal instead of being lazy and just doing the filling. Is the smell comming from the tooth? or do I have a gum disease? Is their any military members that see an off base civlian dentist that has good recommendations?

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.