Can I retake...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

therest

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I recently found this site and thought it was awesome. I had a pretty important question, and I hope to get some feedback...well my question is if it looks bad that I retake some pretty fundamental classes over, such as: Biology 1, Chem 1, and Anatomy and Physiology 1? And if it does, how bad?

I just didnt do good in these classes and I most definitely have to retake them to be considered to be accepted!

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on the optometry school, so you should probably call the schools that you're interested in about your situation. Perhaps for some schools, it won't matter that you want to take over the some of the pre-requisites for a better grade. Hopefully you only have to take over a couple of courses. For instance, I know that SCCO averages all of your grades for the pre-requisite courses (math, science, psychology)...even the classes that you repeat (grades that are D or below) for a better grade. Also, if the grade for a particular pre-requisite course is a C- it will count as a C, and satisfy that pre-requisite course requirement. Hopefully everything works out for you.