can I get into a do school with a low gpa?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zzz00

Reaction score
My gpa is 2.8. I had an upward trend in my last year (4.0= senior year) and my MCAT score is 520. I’ve had one year of research experience, 120 hrs of shadowing and a year of clinical experience. Do I have any chance at all to get into one do school? if not, what should I do to increase my chances?

Members don't see this ad.

I think you can with DO schools. You could try applying the way you are one year and if it doesn't work, apply to a Master's (MPH) at once of these DO schools to increase your GPA, and then you either automatically get in, or you reapply with your higher GPA.

Science or cumulative gpa?

Members don't see this ad :)
cgpa is 2.8 and sgpa is 2.9
It would be a stretch. Your mcat is great but your gpa would scare most adcoms that you would fail out.

Reactions: 1 user
My gpa is 2.8. I had an upward trend in my last year (4.0= senior year) and my MCAT score is 520. I’ve had one year of research experience, 120 hrs of shadowing and a year of clinical experience. Do I have any chance at all to get into one do school? if not, what should I do to increase my chances?
Read this:

Reactions: 1 user
Keep reinventing yourself until your GPAs are at least 3.0. It would open up a lot of doors for you in the DO world