Can I get in With Little Experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kadeking

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am sitting at a 3.98 GPA (1 B in undergrad), 4.0 science GPA and a 90 PCAT. However, I have literally no volunteering, community service, or tech hours. Can I get in to some schools based on scores instead of extra-curriculars? Or should I lie and just make up **** for extra curriculars?

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't recommend lying in your application. You have a very good GPA and PCAT score. Some pharmacy schools do require extracurricular activities, but others not so much. Look at the websites of the pharmacy schools you're interested in to check their pre-requisites.

Members don't see this ad :)
Almost no one required but It's better to have because on the interview you will be asked about it

Could you? Yes. Should you? No

why? Because being a pharmacist is not an easy or a fun job these days. You have so much riding on your shoulders (patient health/safety/etc) all while having to meet metrics from corporate while still having to fill hundreds of shifts per day. Not to mention that getting a job has become quite a chore and in busy metro areas a full time gig is just not gunna happen. You REALLY need to experience the day to day of a pharmacist before you apply to pharmacy school and see if it's really what you wanna do.

You said your GPA was a 3.4 in the dentistry forums. You making everything up as you go along?

Reactions: 3 users