Can I get a 515+ after scoring 509 on previous MCAT exam?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Thriver_MD

Reaction score
I am retaking the MCAT and aiming for a 515 to be competitive. I took the MCAT before and scored 509 (C/P 128, CARS, 127, B/B 127, P/S 126). When I was preparing for this exam, I was also working full time and going to class half-time, so had limited time to study and prepare besides weekends.

This time I am doing things differently. I am dedicating 10 weeks to study. 5 weeks studying while working and 5 weeks studying full time. I work full time and have been focusing on content review with Princeton Review and UWorld practice questions on nights and weekends. I am also making study guides and ANKI cards and reviewing those everyday. In addition, I will be taking 5 weeks off work before test day to dedicate to full time prep. I will be done with content review by the time I am studying full time and will be using Uworld and AAMC materials to practice. I am also taking a FL practice exam every week, saving the AAMC exams to when I am finished content review.

Is this a feasible plan to see an improvement? Are there other resources anyone would suggest?

I would greatly appreciate any guidance!

Members don't see this ad.

It's always feasible to see improvement. I scored a 505 my first test and got a 517+ on the second go. Changing habits that don't work is the key to success. Bearing down on the hard content/less desired content you don't want to work on/are pushing off is also key to success. Repetition through flash cards/practice tests/Anki is also good.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I went from a 504 on AAMC 1 to 515 on the real thing in 8 weeks, absolutely doable. UWORLD is a godsend and the fact that P/S is your lowest means you could pull that up easily to a really strong score.

Reactions: 1 user