Can EC Activities Compensate for Low Stats?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This might be the single most frustrating thread on SDN. Include your race! You say you don't want med schools to use affirmative action, and then try to make adcoms think that you're white when you apply? The only way things will improve is if we see more examples of URM's succeeding in medicine and having great stats, and that's you! Man, give me your URM status, I'll actually use it. :p

Not to mention, I would be a little worried about what adcoms will think when you show up for interviews. They'll ask you why you didn't list your URM status on your application, and it would make me question your drive to succeed. Even if you have a good explanation, I wouldn't be able to shake the idea that we'd be admitting someone who won't utilize every advantage he's been given.

Members don't see this ad.

Well I guess that answers it. Thanks a bunch!

Since you are a faculty member I would appreciate if you could offer any suggestions on areas that I could improve my application?

I know my gpa is poor (see my mdapps profile), but are there any other areas where I can improve?

Also, thanks alot! It is rare to come across someone extremely knowledgeable about the process, so any and all advice is greatly appreciated.
I wouldn't say your GPA is poor. a 3.6 cGPA 3.45 BCPM is not "poor", it's slightly below average for all matriculants (for all MD matriculants average sGPA is 3.6, cGPA is 3.67). your cGPA is actually above average for all applicants. your 35 MCAT is awesome, higher than the average matriculant (31 is average for all matriculants) and your ECs are strong. you are not a weak applicant...