Can dermatologist manufacture beauty products?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mellyrocker

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I was curious. Can dermatologist manufacture beauty products? Or cosmetics like creams/lotions? Nail polish etc?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes this would be a great way to use a derm degree. While it does not use your training to the fullest, I am sure it pays well and works well for ppl who are bored with derm, which I believe is very high.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes this would be a great way to use a derm degree. While it does not use your training to the fullest, I am sure it pays well and works well for ppl who are bored with derm, which I believe is very high.

This is the 4th post in as many minutes where you are coming to bash our specialty in our forum. Proceed with caution.

Reactions: 2 users
This is the 4th post in as many minutes where you are coming to bash our specialty in our forum. Proceed with caution.

Not at all, sir. My friend just matched derm and I couldn't be happier for him. Like all fields, derm has many good ways to make money. Plastics has cosmetic, too. No biggie.

Not at all, sir. My friend just matched derm and I couldn't be happier for him. Like all fields, derm has many good ways to make money. Plastics has cosmetic, too. No biggie.
It must seem crazy to you, but I didn't even give a thought to cosmetics when I chose dermatology. I am pretty certain most of us still love the practice of medicine and the difference it makes in a patient's life. Shame on you...:nono:

Reactions: 1 user
It must seem crazy to you, but I didn't even give a thought to cosmetics when I chose dermatology. I am pretty certain most of us still love the practice of medicine and the difference it makes in a patient's life. Shame on you...:nono:

I'm sure you've figured it out by now, but that poster was an obvious troll.

You'll have to excuse llort1337, his account is currently "on hold" at the moment, due to his obvious trolling posts.