Came up with 2 methods for studying for the biology section. Which is more effective?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scarsdale92

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
It seems the general consensus on this forum for the biology section is to read Cliffs AP and supplement it with Feralis to fill in the gaps then do destroyer and finish it off with DAT bootcamp exam. I have less than 4 weeks and want to maximize my study methods as efficiently as I can.

Truth is, the only way I could retain the material for CliffsAP and Feralis Notes is through flashcards. However, this takes forever and I don't think it would be an effective use of my time.

Method 1: Transfer all of the notes into flashcards in a matter of 5 days. Solve all DAT Destroyer questions for the next week. Then do practice exams on DAT bootcamp for the next two weeks.

Method 2: Skip making flashcards for Cliffs and Feralis and instead make flashcards for DAT destroyer questions. Then take DAT bootcamp exams.

This is truly the hardest section to study for me. Would truly appreciate everyone's input and feedback! Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

For me, I learn concepts best by doing practice problems. So I would personally start working on Destroyer problems, and for every problem you get wrong or don't understand, look up and study until you get it. You could even make flash cards. This will also help you improve your test taking skills and timing. I would also recommend doing the problems at the end of the Cliffs Bio chapters and at the end of the book. They really helped me and are similar to the type of questions on the DAT. Best of luck.