California student looking for help - Aug MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

khan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am from UCLA and I took the MCAT in AUG and got a pretty decent score. But California is so competative that I am not sure with my late application I will get in. Can you folks recommend schools from out of state that are friendly in accepting Califiornia studends. I would be interested in any thing inthe top 50 schools.

Thanks

Khan

Members don't see this ad.

lucky for you the uc's are incredibly slow compared to other schools, so a late application might not hurt you that much there. have you turned in your application yet? if not, GET MOVING.

all out of state private schools are california student friendly, and some out of state public schools are california student friendly. i can't really recommend one over another as most like californians. where you apply really depends on where you want to live, what kind of curriculum you want, etc... even if your application is excellent, i would still recommend applying to some non- top 50 schools like drexel, new york medical college, george washington, saint louis university, medical college of wisconsin, university of vermont etc...