California pain clinic with 23 locations suddenly closes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Plot twist: Tim deer is on this forum under a pseudonym

I saw a patient his partner in WV did an SCS trial on. Axial pain. T6-8. No exercises plan, no meds, no MBB. First go to was SCS. This is what is wrong with our field. Dr. Baumann I believe was his name. Useless turd if that's how you treat patients.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
I saw a patient his partner in WV did an SCS trial on. Axial pain. T6-8. No exercises plan, no meds, no MBB. First go to was SCS. This is what is wrong with our field. Dr. Baumann I believe was his name. Useless turd if that's how you treat patients.

Maybe Dr. Baumann is just ahead of his time...

Maybe Dr. Baumann is just ahead of his time...

Before Nevro, and not back. Shoulder blade area. Above topographic representation in cord that is defined.

Members don't see this ad :)
How does that even get approved? I have to jump through hoops to get precert on clear-cut FBSS

Reactions: 1 users
I’m not trying to open up an unnecessary can of worms here…

I have seen a bunch of stim KOLs be millenial females recently…

Let’s discuss over al Capone cigars…just kidding, kind of

I’m not trying to open up an unnecessary can of worms here…

I have seen a bunch of stim KOLs be millenial females recently…

Let’s discuss over al Capone cigars…just kidding, kind of

You merely adopted the pointy shoe. We were born into it. Molded by it. With at least a 3 inch heel.

Why that would be a can of worms is beyond me.

Reactions: 2 users
You merely adopted the pointy shoe. We were born into it. Molded by it. With at least a 3 inch heel.

I hate pointy shoes. I’m a 5’4” brown dude who wears the most comfortable shoes I can. When I was younger and was dating, I would “heighten” like I was Mikey from Seinfeld. Scrubs and flat shoes are my friends now. At my age, I could care less. Your 3 inch heels must get burdensome during the 5 a day trial/implants..

1645888895651.png

Agree. I can't tell you how many people got a scs (incorrectly placed) by other physicians notorious in my community for doing advanced interventions, explanted. All they needed was an rfa and are doing just fine. Frustrating.

Agree. I can't tell you how many people got a scs (incorrectly placed) by other physicians notorious in my community for doing advanced interventions, explanted. All they needed was an rfa and are doing just fine. Frustrating.
As soon as they start slashing stim reimbursement, it will happen, which I’m sure is coming in the next 1-2 years

It is amazing that some physicians are do so greedy that they don’t try an epidural and a MBB before SCS.

Asc doesn’t feed itself.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
In a roundabout way…
VR is created by Silicon Valley. Silicon Valley is a top proprietor of psychedelics. Avatar is about VR.
But you keep dodging the main issue, which is WHY HAVE YOU NOT YET SET UP YOUR FAKE INSTAGRAM KOL ACCOUNT???

It’s go time.

It’s go time.

Yes!
You’re headed in the right direction with this one.
I’m going to need for you to make an instagram account and LinkedIn account and do a few day reviewing the posts and hashtags of the KOLS. The key here is you’re trying to make fun of them in a way that is almost believable. Kind of like Ali G. Your idea of posting holding a box of Rf cannulas and standing with a draped patient and a rep is spot on. You just need to the appropriate hash tags. The possibilities are endless. You were born for this.

Reactions: 1 user
63650x2 for a trial should be 4-5k Medicare, negligible trial lead costs.
Apparently you are correct. ~2k/lead. I thought it was the ~$500 that is the pro fee. Shows how closely I follow the reimbursement for everything... I just try to do the right thing as long as Im not losing money (then I just won't offer the treatment)

Funny how he's doing time for 67k in kickbacks when I can post dozens of articles of 7-8figure kickback cases that led to nobody going to jail because the people involved weren't doctors, rather just suits taking kickbacks and telling the doctors what to do.

I still think he should be doing time, but the point is ANYONE knowingly doing this should be doing time.

Reactions: 3 users
According to the plea agreement, because of the limited number of cancer patients experiencing breakthrough pain who fit the FDA-approved criteria, Insys devised an illegal kickback and bribery scheme to induce Hoffberg and others to prescribe Subsys off-label for conditions other than breakthrough pain in cancer patients. In order to conceal and disguise that kickbacks and bribes were being paid to Hoffberg to prescribe Subsys, Insys falsely designated the payments to Hoffberg as “honoraria” for purportedly providing educational programs about Subsys (the “Speakers Bureau Program”). Hoffberg admitted that his participation in the Speakers Bureau Program was a sham. Hoffberg often made these presentations at high-end restaurants, and to staff at the Practice and/or to persons who could not even prescribe controlled substances. Hoffberg knew that these presentations were not designed to promote any bona fide educational initiative about Subsys but rather were required to receive the honoraria.

Hoffberg was paid $66,600 by Insys and knew that these payments were kickbacks and bribes that were paid, at least in part, to induce Hoffberg to prescribe, or in exchange for Hoffberg prescribing, Subsys. As part of the scheme, through January 2018 Hoffberg prescribed Subsys to patients of the Practice who were not suffering from cancer, some of whose insurance coverage was paid for, in whole or in part, by a federal healthcare program. Further, Hoffberg admitted that he switched several other patients to Subsys from another fentanyl-based drug because of the kickbacks he received from Insys, even though he previously certified that TIRF drugs were not interchangeable.

That is a stiff sentence considering the dollar amount. Violent criminals get off with less.

Reactions: 1 users