California Letter psychiatry requirement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

volcano11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I did my medical school in India, Internal medicine residency in US and am currently doing my fellowship in Internal medicine subspeciality in US. I wanted to get California Physician's licence, but they have minimum of 4 weeks of psychiatry rotation requirement in medical school in order to get California licence. I have done 2 weeks. Now by reading online posts, I have figured that they also allow neurology rotation as a substitute for psychiatry rotation to make up for total of 4 weeks in psychiatry.
Does anyone know that if I have done 2 weeks in neurology in ACGME accrediated program in US during my Internal medicine residency, does that work for the psychiatry rotation requirement or do I have to do psychiatry rotation only in my medical school or in US but only where my licencing analyst tells me to do it?
Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,
I would like to hear some comment on the post by volcano11. My query is similar- I have done 2 weeks psychiatry rotation during medical school. I have been offered a job in CA. How do I complete the requirement and apply for CA license ? Any alternatives instead of going back to index medical school ?
Thanks.