California DPT Schools 2021-2022 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi guys. Has anyone heard back from Chapman at this point in the application process? I was just invited for an online assessment as a new addition to their application this year. Has anyone else received this or heard back from their Summer 2022 app?
Nothing yet. I have done my assessment too.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone still waiting to hear from Western?
yeah. im sure we will get interviews. I called my advisor and he said most interviews happen around mid to late Jan. Don't worry we'll get interviews!

yeah. im sure we will get interviews. I called my advisor and he said most interviews happen around mid to late Jan. Don't worry we'll get interviews!
Who is your advisor? My advisor has not replied to any emails I have sent.

Michael is super helpful. Try to reach out to him
Yeah Michael is who I have been in contact with. He couldnt answer questions about if my application was being reviewed or if I would hear about an interivew soon but said not to worry too much. Since most interviews happen in January there is still time. He said to worry if we havent heard back after January which would be unlikely. So just hang on in there and make sure your application is complete. I didnt know I was missing some info until like a week ago.

I read on reddit someone said westerns oregon campus emailed them something along the lines of “congratulations, we have processed your application and have forwarded it to admissions for review.
Yeah Michael is who I have been in contact with. He couldnt answer questions about if my application was being reviewed or if I would hear about an interivew soon but said not to worry too much. Since most interviews happen in January there is still time. He said to worry if we havent heard back after January which would be unlikely. So just hang on in there and make sure your application is complete. I didnt know I was missing some info until like a week ago.

Thanks for the insight! May I ask your stats?

Can you speak on the questions a bit more? Were they ethical questions or how were they different from the norm?
Oh no! I am so sorry. I just now saw this. If you did the interview already, I hope it went ok! I just felt like the questions were like those the contestants get on "Miss America." Sort of random but probably testing our ability to respond quickly to unexpected things under pressure? I felt the questions were just asking for a politically correct, well-worded, and cohesive response? They weren't PT related but were more general questions on tough issues. I hope you did well if you already did the interview. If you haven't done it yet, best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree, that was different than the others I had done! Super short and not really about PT haha. I think I did well despite that!

I do feel it won't impact the overall acceptance/waitlist much as CSUN still is going to be handling it ultimately by a math equation. This interview will put you one or two points in a direction though I'm sure, but nothing too impactful.
That's kind of what I'm hoping? Haha. Best of luck and glad to hear it went well for you! If you hear any good news from CSUN, please share with us!

I read on reddit someone said westerns oregon campus emailed them something along the lines of “congratulations, we have processed your application and have forwarded it to admissions for review.
Oh not sure. I only applied to the Pamona Campus!

did you do the assessment for fall or summer semester? Im curious if they have sent our invitations for fall yet.
For summer. I asked them about 2 weeks ago, and they said the kira invitation for Fall would be sent in couple of weeks. Have you heard anything back from summer decisions?

Has anyone heard back from Western U this week? I’m still waiting. Their portal says they’re closed for holiday break from Dec 17-Jan 3 so I guess we won’t be hearing any news till then.

Has anyone heard back from Western U this week? I’m still waiting. Their portal says they’re closed for holiday break from Dec 17-Jan 3 so I guess we won’t be hearing any news till then.
Haven’t heard anything! Hoping for good news

I had an interview with them this week, and they mentioned the holiday break. I have heard they start interviews again in Jan.

I was just notified that I was accepted into USC!!!!! This is my first acceptance (or rejection) and I am so relieved to know I will actually be on my way to school one way or another in the next few months. :)

Reactions: 3 users
I was just notified that I was accepted into USC!!!!! This is my first acceptance (or rejection) and I am so relieved to know I will actually be on my way to school one way or another in the next few months. :)
Yay!! Congrats! How did they notify you?

Reactions: 1 user
Yay!! Congrats! How did they notify you?
Thanks! They just sent me an email. The subject says: "Congratulations On Your Admission to USC's DPT Program!" As far as I understand it, they are running a bit behind this year but are trying to get back to everyone as quickly as they can. I'm still waiting to hear back on their hybrid program.

Thanks! They just sent me an email. The subject says: "Congratulations On Your Admission to USC's DPT Program!" As far as I understand it, they are running a bit behind this year but are trying to get back to everyone as quickly as they can. I'm still waiting to hear back on their hybrid program.
Congrats!!!! :) When did you submit your app if you don't mind me asking?

Congratulations!!!!

I got the interview as well! Got interviews at sac state, Fresno state, UCSF, George Fox. And only waiting on Western but at this point I don’t even care about western lol. They are so bad at communicating

Wait the application is the same day as Fresno? How does that work

Congrats!!!! :) When did you submit your app if you don't mind me asking?
Sure, I submitted at the beginning of October, but due to a glitch on PTCAS, it's possible it wasn't received until mid-October?

Sure, I submitted at the beginning of October, but due to a glitch on PTCAS, it's possible it wasn't received until mid-October?
I submitted in august and got a received email mid-October as well

Still waking to hear back from western U. They’re on break so it won’t be until after Jan 3. I just wanna know if I get an interview or rejected. Not sure why it’s taking them so long to review my application. App verified 10/13 and Casper received 11/30

Still waking to hear back from western U. They’re on break so it won’t be until after Jan 3. I just wanna know if I get an interview or rejected. Not sure why it’s taking them so long to review my application. App verified 10/13 and Casper received 11/30
Yeah my app was verified 9/8 and Casper received 10/8. Still waiting. I'm not expecting good news at this rate :(
Also waiting on CSUN. I don't think Mount st Mary's, CSULB, and SDSU have gotten back to anyone yet so waiting on those as well

Yeah my app was verified 9/8 and Casper received 10/8. Still waiting. I'm not expecting good news at this rate :(
Also waiting on CSUN. I don't think Mount st Mary's, CSULB, and SDSU have gotten back to anyone yet so waiting on those as well
I haven’t heard back from Mount st Mary’s or CSULB yet either. But I know Mount st Mary’s is on break so we won’t hear back till January probably

Saw in another thread that Mike Havercamp (counselor for western) said “not to worry” and that majority of interviews go out in January. Hoping that’s true

Saw in another thread that Mike Havercamp (counselor for western) said “not to worry” and that majority of interviews go out in January. Hoping that’s true
That’s true. I had an interview with WesternU ans we were the only group having interview in 2021. They mentioned they will continue with interviews from 2022 (Jan). Don’t stress :)

I just received a physical letter than I got into Mount Saint Mary's today! Yayyyy! Hopefully a bunch of you will get letters soon too! Best of luck to everyone!

Has anyone at all heard back from CSUN?

I just received a physical letter than I got into Mount Saint Mary's today! Yayyyy! Hopefully a bunch of you will get letters soon too! Best of luck to everyone!

Has anyone at all heard back from CSUN?
Same here!!! Post marked Dec 15 and in my dad's pile of mailed ads lol. Wouldn't have checked if I didn't see your post, so thanks!

No word from CSUN for me either