California Applicants DPT 2017-2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed last week and haven’t heard back yet. When did you interview?
I actually interviewed last year November 20th, 2017 and still haven't heard back from them!

Members don't see this ad.

has anyone heard from MSM?
That is the school I am most anxiously waiting for still. I have heard people getting e-mails with log-ins to view their admission status; most or all of which were admitted.

Members don't see this ad :)
That is the school I am most anxiously waiting for still. I have heard people getting e-mails with log-ins to view their admission status; most or all of which were admitted.
me too! fingers crossed

Update***

University: South Carolina State University
Major: Biology
Overall GPA: 3.7
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0
GRE: 155V 158Q 3.5 AW

1400 hours in 2 clinical settings

Applied to: CSUN, CSULB, WEST COAST UNIVERSITY, CHAPMAN

Waitlist: CSULB 1/15/2018, CSUN #28 1/19
Interview: West Coast University (TBD)
Rejection: N/A
Accepted: Chapman, Fall 2018 1/19; CSULB 1/29/18 (DECLINED 2/4/18)

Anyone else have updates on CSULB? Did anyone else get picked off the waitlist?

Update***

University: South Carolina State University
Major: Biology
Overall GPA: 3.7
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0
GRE: 155V 158Q 3.5 AW

1400 hours in 2 clinical settings

Applied to: CSUN, CSULB, WEST COAST UNIVERSITY, CHAPMAN

Waitlist: CSULB 1/15/2018, CSUN #28 1/19
Interview: West Coast University (TBD)
Rejection: N/A
Accepted: Chapman, Fall 2018 1/19; CSULB 1/29/18 (DECLINED 2/4/18)
just curious why you chose Chapman over CSULB?

Has anyone that interviewed at CSUF heard back yet!?

just curious why you chose Chapman over CSULB?
It's probably true that you get the same education wherever you go, and while CSULB's tuition is enticing, they lack a good connection with hospitals. I personally want to work in the hospital coming out of PT, but I might not get the opportunity to do so in CSULB because they have space for only one student per rotation. I want to have good foot in the door when I'm done with school. Plus, my sister lives a few minutes away from Chapman, so it's ideal

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone hear back from WesternU that interviewed on the 25th?

Just got my acceptance to SDSU!!

Congrats!!! I’m anxiously waiting for their decision. I know someone on this thread said they will be sending acceptances on February 9th! So that’s awesome you heard early :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone offer any insight into picking between SDSU/CSULB? I know LB has been around for a while and SDSU is really young but I'm from SD and so it's becoming a really hard choice.

Second to last update

University:
California State University, Fullerton
Major: Kinesiology
PTCAS Overall GPA: 3.32
Pre-Req GPA: 3.60-3.75
GRE: 149V 156Q 4.0 AWA (Before-Sept. 15 schools) | 155V 159Q 4.0 AWA (After-Sept 15 schools)

Letters of Recommendation: 1 licensed PT from orthopedic, 1 licensed PT from VA, 1 professor from Biology department

Observation Hours: Outpatient: Orthopedic (405 hours) | Inpatient: Veterans Affair Subacute (77 hours), Skilled Nursing Facility (25 hours)

Extra-Curricular: Medical Office Front Desk (1 year), Server for catering company (February 2017-present)

Volunteer: Hospital Help Desk (1 month)

Applied: CSU Long Beach, CSU Northridge, CSU Fresno, CSU Sacramento, Loma Linda, Mount St. Mary's, UNLV, West Coast, Western University, Chapman, USC, SDSU

Interviews: West Coast University (1/26), CSU Sacramento (2/3), Western University (2/13)

Waitlist:
CSU Long Beach (1/15) high-tier, Chapman (2/2), Mount St. Mary's (2/6)

Rejections:
CSU Northridge, CSU Fresno, Loma Linda, UNLV, SDSU

Acceptances: West Coast University (1/31)

Just got accepted to Fresno State!

I just got accepted to Fresno as well! Are you guys accepting?

Reactions: 1 users
I was accepted to Fresno State as well and will be accepting!

Reactions: 1 users
Hello everyone,
I have been reading your posts, but haven’t posted anything yet until now. I Just wanted to congratulate you all on your acceptances. I am currently wait listed for Fresno state at # 8 . We will see what happens. I am praying I get in but I don’t want to get my hopes up.

Congrats everyone!!

Congrats!!! I’m anxiously waiting for their decision. I know someone on this thread said they will be sending acceptances on February 9th! So that’s awesome you heard early :)

Did you hear back from SDSU?

Hello everyone,
I have been reading your posts, but haven’t posted anything yet until now. I Just wanted to congratulate you all on your acceptances. I am currently wait listed for Fresno state at # 8 . We will see what happens. I am praying I get in but I don’t want to get my hopes up.

Congrats everyone!!

#8 is pretty high! I’m sure you will get in. Just have faith!

Hello everyone,

Congrats everyone!!

You will be one spot closer on the waitlist! I am not accepting at Fresno.

University: CSU CHICO
Major: BS Exercise Physiology
Overall GPA: 3.963
Pre-Req GPA: 3.9

Work experience: Ballet teacher

Volunteer: 50 hours in outpatient orthopedic and 55 hours in patient hospital

Applied (submitted apps in September): Western U, Chapman, Puget Sound, CSULB, SDSU, Florida International University, CSU Fresno, CSU Sac, UOP, and Northern Arizona University

Acceptances: WesternU (declined), Puget Sound (declined) , CSU Fresno (declined) , NAU Phoenix(backup, waiting for Sac State)
Waitlisted: SDSU and Chapman
Rejections: CSULB
Interviews: Western U, NAU, Fresno State, UOP & Sac State, FIU (declined)

University: CSU CHICO

Applied (submitted apps in September): Western U, Chapman, Puget Sound, CSULB, SDSU, Florida International University, CSU Fresno, CSU Sac, UOP, and Northern Arizona University

Acceptances: WesternU (declined), Puget Sound (declined) , CSU Fresno (declined) , NAU Phoenix(backup, waiting for Sac State)
Waitlisted: SDSU and Chapman
Rejections
: CSULB
Do you mind me asking what your GRE was? I got rejected from SDSU and was wait-listed high-tier for CSULB.

Do you mind me asking what your GRE was? I got rejected from SDSU and was wait-listed high-tier for CSULB.
OH yes!
My GRE was 158v 156q and 4.5 writing.
The transcript office at Chico State never sent my transcripts to CSULB, so I was told that is why I was rejected

Nice congrats! What are your stats if you don't mind me asking?

Major: BS Exercise Science
Overall GPA: 3.55
Pre-Req GPA: 3.7
GRE: 151V, 152Q

Work experience: PT Tech 1 year, gymnastics coach, CPR/AED/First Aid Certified

Volunteer: 1,200 hours in outpatient orthopedic and 40 hours in patient hospital

Now that mostly everyone has received news. Where are you guys atttending?

Hey Guys!!

Waitlist: Fresno State (#28) Pacific University (Tier 2)
Accepted: West Coast, Western University, Long Island University

Any recommendations between West Coast and Western?

Hey Guys!!

Waitlist: Fresno State (#28) Pacific University (Tier 2)
Accepted: West Coast, Western University, Long Island University

Any recommendations between West Coast and Western?

West Coast University is a very newly accredited PT program with a lower board pass rate.

Western is a well known health science school, especially in SoCal. Plus it has been accredited forever and has a high board pass rate! Definitely the more competitive program to get into. I am attending Western in the fall but just my personal option! Goodluck whatever you choose :)

West Coast University is a very newly accredited PT program with a lower board pass rate.

Western is a well known health science school, especially in SoCal. Plus it has been accredited forever and has a high board pass rate! Definitely the more competitive program to get into. I am attending Western in the fall but just my personal option! Goodluck whatever you choose :)

Thanks!! I'm definitely leaning more towards Western at the moment (I only have 4 more days too decide so I have to choose soon). Even though I'm closer to West Coast, I would probably move wherever I go. A side note for myself that helps is housing is going to more affordable in Pomona than in LA. So hey I might be seeing you in the fall!

Hello! I have been accepted to CSU Sacramento and CSU Fresno, however I am not sure which to attend. I have done research on both programs but I' still divided. Anyone have any recommendations? All insight is gratefully welcomed!

Hello! I have been accepted to CSU Sacramento and CSU Fresno, however I am not sure which to attend. I have done research on both programs but I' still divided. Anyone have any recommendations? All insight is gratefully welcomed!
Congrats! I got accepted to Fresno and just got waitlisted at Sac and I was going to be torn as well because I really liked both interview days and programs. Seems like at Fresno there is more time/ hands on cadavers (and brains!) Location of Sac seems a little better and Sac seems to have one or two more clinics on site. The curriculums are a little different too, Fresno is school then clinical then school then clinical... and Sac seemed like most of the school was done and then you did your clinicals. Maybe think about what kind of curriculum you prefer? Also with Fresno it’s a couple months shorter, which I was trying to decide if I liked or disliked Both are really great programs though so hats off to you!

You not alone But #8 your chances are so high !!

I haven’t heard anything yet. I’m hoping to get in. You have a shot as well if Fresno is the route you want . I have friends that said they were waitlisted in the twenties and still got in. Ya never know. Good luck with everything! And congrats on your acceptances!

FINAL UPDATE!!!

University
: CSU CHICO
GRE: 158v 156q and 4.5w

Acceptances: WesternU (declined), Puget Sound (declined) , CSU Fresno (declined) , NAU Phoenix(declined), Sac State (Accepted!!)
Waitlisted: SDSU(declined) and Chapman (declined)
Rejections: CSULB

Anyone else attending Sac State in the Fall??

Congrats! I got accepted to Fresno and just got waitlisted at Sac and I was going to be torn as well because I really liked both interview days and programs. Seems like at Fresno there is more time/ hands on cadavers (and brains!) Location of Sac seems a little better and Sac seems to have one or two more clinics on site. The curriculums are a little different too, Fresno is school then clinical then school then clinical... and Sac seemed like most of the school was done and then you did your clinicals. Maybe think about what kind of curriculum you prefer? Also with Fresno it’s a couple months shorter, which I was trying to decide if I liked or disliked Both are really great programs though so hats off to you!
Thank you for your input! And congrats to you!

Got my acceptance to CSUN DPT today from number 10 on the waitlist!

Cumulative gpa 3.78.
GRE 4.5 verbal 162 quantitative 159

Reactions: 3 users
Hey everybody,

I'm taking a poll on two schools. If you know about the schools and have any advice, maybe you can answer. If you do not take the cost into consideration, would you choose Loma Linda University or CSU Sacramento? and Why? I was accepted at both and I am trying to decide which to attend. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Hey everybody,

I'm taking a poll on two schools. If you know about the schools and have any advice, maybe you can answer. If you do not take the cost into consideration, would you choose Loma Linda University or CSU Sacramento? and Why? I was accepted at both and I am trying to decide which to attend. Thanks in advance for any advice!
My friend goes to Loma and said the campus and city are very religious. It also depends on what you value in a program. I know Sac has no cadavers of their own.
(I’m going to Sac!)