Cali to Philly for post-bac.... bringing a car?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

audramill

miss akay
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm begining to look into the cost of moving my Subaru. Do I want to drive it across the country or pay to have it shipped? Has anyone gotten into this issue yet? How much does it cost to ship a car? I sort of want to drive across country because I've never done it. Is there anyone who wants to do the drive with me from SF to Philly??? :p

Members don't see this ad.

audramill said:
I'm begining to look into the cost of moving my Subaru. Do I want to drive it across the country or pay to have it shipped? Has anyone gotten into this issue yet? How much does it cost to ship a car? I sort of want to drive across country because I've never done it. Is there anyone who wants to do the drive with me from SF to Philly??? :p

you can pick me up in houston and drop me off in D.C. That's along the way right?

Tooth

audramill said:

i'm shipping my car from SF to DC and it costs way over $1000

Members don't see this ad :)
We, the cali people, are very similar. I'm doing the same thing (transporting my car cross country)! Please post any deals that you guys come across.

I'll help you find a parking spot when you get here... I've got great parking Karma so just let me know... :D

wannabedoc34 said:
We, the cali people, are very similar. I'm doing the same thing (transporting my car cross country)! Please post any deals that you guys come across.

I am moving to Philly too from LA though (the best large city in Cali).
I am not taking my car though b/c I will be staying on campus (in those sorry ass graduate housing dorms. You definitely do not get your $ worth there). If I were staying outside of Center City, though, I would take my car.

where are you attending school?

I am selling my car... I am from cali too... It is expensive to park and I have heard that the public transit is pretty good... Just going to rough it on the SEPTA and others for a while...

which schools are you all attending? Anyone going to PCOM?

You definitely do not need a car.