Calculus based physics for dental school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vr2000

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if Calculus-based physics was required as a prerequisite for any dental school applications. Would it be okay if I took algebra-based Physics? The professor I would like to take next semester is teaching the algebra-based course which would be ideal. Thanks so much in advance for any input.

Members don't see this ad.

calc based not required, algebra based is adequate

Reactions: 1 user
I took algebra based and had 4 interviews this cycle

Members don't see this ad :)
Like others have said, algebra based is totally fine. But just make sure it’s adequate to complete any potential major requirements.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Don’t play yourself. Take regular algebra based

Take algebra-based unless the calculus-based one is easier at your school (which it was at one point at my school).

I was wondering if Calculus-based physics was required as a prerequisite for any dental school applications. Would it be okay if I took algebra-based Physics? The professor I would like to take next semester is teaching the algebra-based course which would be ideal. Thanks so much in advance for any input.

Yes, it is recommended to take the algebra/trig based physics unless you want to go into an engineering related area such as dental materials or research.