Calculator on PCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aquafire

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm sure this question has been asked a million times before, but I'd like to ask again: Does anyone know if the calculator is allowed on the PCAT exam? If so, then is it just for the Qualitative Ability section or does it also include the Chemistry section too?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Use of calculator includes Quantitative ability, Chemistry and Biology sections. A periodic table will be provided for the Chemistry section!

Reactions: 1 user
I'm sure this question has been asked a million times before, but I'd like to ask again: Does anyone know if the calculator is allowed on the PCAT exam? If so, then is it just for the Qualitative Ability section or does it also include the Chemistry section too?

Thanks!
They're barely allowing a calculator on the exam this upcoming test. I've been told it isn't available all the time and only comes up during certain problems

Reactions: 1 user
They're barely allowing a calculator on the exam this upcoming test. I've been told it isn't available all the time and only comes up during certain problems

Hi, I have been preparing for the test with a simple calculator to do most of the math and some of the chemistry problems. May I ask where you heard this information?

Members don't see this ad :)
At Dr. Collins Prep class
I appreciate answer! Did they specifically say what kind of questions we will be allowed to use the calculator? I'm assuming basic math questions. Also, do you know if the periodic table will be accessible during the entire chemistry section or just on certain problems?

Again, thank you so much for your answer in advance!

I appreciate answer! Did they specifically say what kind of questions we will be allowed to use the calculator? I'm assuming basic math questions. Also, do you know if the periodic table will be accessible during the entire chemistry section or just on certain problems?

Again, thank you so much for your answer in advance!
They weren't completely sure but assumed that it will be available with harder arithmetic when a calculator is needed and not for simple math. I'm not sure about the periodic table.

thanks for the help guys! Good luck to all taking the test on the 21st! :)
I just took the exam today. You will have access to a calculator and periodic table. The calculations aren't difficult so I doubt you'll really use the calculator (its a basic calculator as well so no logs or nothing).