Calculator on DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spdental

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I've been stimulating my QR tests by using a timer and doing the Math Destroyer tests. I have been doing fairly well on them, but I find myself using the calculator quite a bit. (I use the DAT calculator found on DAT Bootcamp.) Do you guys see any issue with this as long as I'm still meeting my time okay? I'm just nervous about things I've read about the calculator being hard to access during the actual DAT/a lag associated with it.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Took it today. Didn't have a lag using the calculator, as long as you're practicing clicking the numbers in (as opposed to using an actual calculator) the way BootCamp has it you should be fine.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys,

So I've been stimulating my QR tests by using a timer and doing the Math Destroyer tests. I have been doing fairly well on them, but I find myself using the calculator quite a bit. (I use the DAT calculator found on DAT Bootcamp.) Do you guys see any issue with this as long as I'm still meeting my time okay? I'm just nervous about things I've read about the calculator being hard to access during the actual DAT/a lag associated with it.

Thanks!
Should you have any problems while taking the DAT make sure to report it immediately to the test proctor, it is rare but sometimes computers malfunction or other problems can occur.

I have never had a student mention to me a lag with the calculator on the DAT.

Good luck to you.

Nancy

Hey guys,

Thanks!

Didnt have any issues with the calculator on my computer during test day. If you use calc a lot and finish the exam in time and score well, then keep doing what you are doing.