***calculation questions on NAPLEX

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmdrugkid

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do I have to know

harris benedict equation,
alliquot,
for NAPLEX??

Its in the rxprep book,
but I've never seen anybody saying they had those calculations..

Also how come rxprep doesnt have any pharmacokinetic calculations practice?
(i.e. volume of distribution, etc)
Does it mean i can omit it???

any advice will be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I didnt have those 2 types of problems on my test, but i think u should at least make yourself comfortable with solvings those probs to the extent rxprep covers, just to be safe. Regarding PK, understand basic concepts of the common PK parameters... I glanced thru some basic equations from my PK class notes once. Most likely u wont have to do any true math PK (because the calculator provided on the exam was only the simple calculator). But they do ask questions to test your general understanding of some PK parameters. Hope this helps :)

Do I have to know

harris benedict equation,
alliquot,
for NAPLEX??

Its in the rxprep book,
but I've never seen anybody saying they had those calculations..

Also how come rxprep doesnt have any pharmacokinetic calculations practice?
(i.e. volume of distribution, etc)
Does it mean i can omit it???

any advice will be helpful. Thanks in advance.
nah.. dont think so. if they do ask for BEE by any chance i believe the formula will be provided. for TEE just memorize the formula since it's short.

I had one pharmacokinetic question, alligation, infusion, meq, mmol, mOsmol. good luck

I just took my naplex last week and the type of calculations questions I had were meq, MOsmol, alligation, Crcl, TPN (kcals), Isotonicity and day supplies.

I didnt get any TEE or BEE.

For PK, know half life formula.

Good luck!!!