calculating the pre-req gpa?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

buruburudoku

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I've got a questions aroused while talking to one of my classmate(she is pre-pt) at school where im taking some science courses as pre-reqs for pt school. I still need to take many of the advanced bio classes since I'm a bio major. My question is, (i know it depends on which school. some require sicence gpa and some require pre-req gpa.) when the pt school is calculating my pre-req gpa, do they include all my sicence courses or the courses they post on their website as the pre-requirements?

Also, let's say if the school's pre-req includes two semesters of
general physics. I took two semesters of general physcis and two semesters of the calculus based physcis (which is required for my major)
In this case, do they average out all the four classes I took? or the two general phycsis which were required by them?

need your help. thanks !

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
when the pt school is calculating my pre-req gpa, do they include all my sicence courses or the courses they post on their website as the pre-requirements?
Your pre-req gpa includes only the pre-reqs determined by the school (or the core pre-reqs determined by PTCAS). However, if you are using PTCAS, they calculate your GPA in about 20 different ways, including "pre-req", "math/science", "biology", and "chemistry/physics". Schools will see all of that, and can use any of it in making a decision.

Also, let's say if the school's pre-req includes two semesters of
general physics. I took two semesters of general physcis and two semesters of the calculus based physcis (which is required for my major)
In this case, do they average out all the four classes I took? or the two general phycsis which were required by them?
If the school calculates it independently, it would vary by school. When done through PTCAS, it is you that designates or flags which course(s) fulfills each prereq.