Caffeinating During Step1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FunnyCurrent

Ag
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it like the MCAT. Will we have a locker to keep food and drinks?

Members don't see this ad.

Caffeine saved me on the real exam. It's more just placebo than anything else. But I can say that after the 6th block, when I chugged that third diet RedBull, I was pumped for the final stretch.

Caffeine saved me on the real exam. It's more just placebo than anything else. But I can say that after the 6th block, when I chugged that third diet RedBull, I was pumped for the final stretch.

did you use that after each block ?

Members don't see this ad :)
did you use that after each block ?

No break between 1st and 2nd blocks. A few sips of H2O and half a protein bar after 2nd + 3rd blocks. Half of PBJ sandwich + diet Redbull after 4th +5th blocks. Just a diet Redbull but no calories after the 6th block.

Then I got some great NYC Thai food (spicy red curry) after the exam. :thumbup:

No break between 1st and 2nd blocks. A few sips of H2O and half a protein bar after 2nd + 3rd blocks. Half of PBJ sandwich + diet Redbull after 4th +5th blocks. Just a diet Redbull but no calories after the 6th block.

Then I got some great NYC Thai food (spicy red curry) after the exam. :thumbup:

You took step1 in the states?

I kept a monster in my locker (hence the name). After each block, I would drink a little bit of it, go pee and then start the next block. My timing was fine and I took a longer break to eat a protein bar after the 3rd or 4th block.