C7-1 vs C6-7 CESI

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
18g in the neck is barbaric!
I’d use a 14g if we had ‘em.

18g for me.

Bigger = better…haven’t you heard?

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Identify C7-T1 Interlaminar space, go on side where there's more pain, anesthesize with 1% lido, go with 20g Touhy, advance a little. Enter CLO 45 degree view, keep advancing, once you get in between the spinous process going toward VILL, small squirt of contrast to verify where you're at, advance slowly with LOR/contrast, just past VILL you should be there, verify again with Contrast, then inject after two saved views. I do a bunch of CESIs every week, it used to be a lot scarier, but now I'm very comfortable with it. I say that with a caveat, it's never a comfortable experience to do one, no one should feel 'too cocky' with, but there's definitely a level of confidence that comes with it when you do it frequently.

3 shots seems way too little to me, but to each his/her own. Everyone has their way and comfort level.
Did you not mean 55 degrees in the neck?

Members don't see this ad :)
The shallower angle is safer to start. Can always go to 55 later

My understanding in Gill's review is more obliquity the more median you go 45 is too little 50-55 is more ideal for CESIs if spinous process is midline