buying books online

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

baymed408

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Does anyone know of any websites where I can buy board reveiw books online, preferably used or discounted. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Up until a few months ago, amazon.com used to sell all of their books for 15% off with free shipping for purchases above $25. They have most of the board review books, so you might want to sign up for their newsletter so that you can be on the look out for deals from them. Medsite.com used to have good promotional deals too ($25 off purchases over $125), but I haven't seen any from them either in a while. I ended up purchasing most of my books from upper classmen, but many of my classmates were able to find good deals on ebay.com. I shopped around most of the medical book websites, but I couldn't find any that consistently sold medical texts below the price that my bookstore was except for those that were offering deals that I mentioned above.

For new books, I'd try walmart.com. They usually beat Amazon prices.

For used books, try powells.com - Powells is a large, somewhat famous used book store in the Portland, Oregon area, and they have a pretty good selection (if they can find their stock).

Members don't see this ad :)
Another good site is www.getcheapbooks.com . On the site you can put in the name of a book and then hit "compare prices" and it will tell you the price of the books from different websites.