Burnout

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clubdeac

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Medscape: Medscape Access

Says PMR were the least happy of any specialty. Wonder if those were guys doing general PMR or Pain

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
PMR used to rate high on satisfaction. Maybe that was when you could round 3 days and bill for 7....

I'm pretty satisfied but definitely worry about the future.

Guessing the inpatient PM&R docs are the unhappy ones, they now are forced to write 18 page admit notes to get in all the insurance requirements for admission and spend all day documenting things like "inguinal rash-severe, affecting mobility" to upgrade to a higher complexity payment tier.

Reactions: 2 users
Guessing the inpatient PM&R docs are the unhappy ones, they now are forced to write 18 page admit notes to get in all the insurance requirements for admission and spend all day documenting things like "inguinal rash-severe, affecting mobility" to upgrade to a higher complexity payment tier.

Lol I like the "inguinal rash-severe affecting mobility" That was awesome.

I think the days of inpatient rehab are going the way of the dinosaur. The days of SNFs for subacute rehab though, those are thriving.

Reactions: 1 users