"Burnout" rate for pharmacists/pharmacy technicians?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bryantvo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's considered the burnout rate for pharmacists/pharmacy technicians after working from day one? I heard nurses rate is 3 years, emt around 6 months. What's considered a national standard and your opinion. (burnout rate- the maximum of how fed up the job is to someone or you)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't know there was a "national standard burnout rate"

Maybe it is something like for teachers where half of new teachers leave the profession within five years. I'm in that stat though I don't consider myself a burnout exactly. I just didn't want to teach in AZ where the state doesn't support education. Who wants to take a five figure pay cut to teach in a place with even bigger classes and less support? Not me.

Maybe it is something like for teachers where half of new teachers leave the profession within five years. I'm in that stat though I don't consider myself a burnout exactly. I just didn't want to teach in AZ where the state doesn't support education. Who wants to take a five figure pay cut to teach in a place with even bigger classes and less support? Not me.

AZ education system = :thumbdown:

What's considered the burnout rate for pharmacists/pharmacy technicians after working from day one? I heard nurses rate is 3 years, emt around 6 months. What's considered a national standard and your opinion. (burnout rate- the maximum of how fed up the job is to someone or you)

actually I found this via google...so try that next time?

A nationwide mail survey of a random sample of the American Pharmaceutical Association membership was conducted to study the degree of burnout among pharmacists and to identify individual and job characteristics that make a pharmacist susceptible to burnout. Analysis of 1,261 returned questionnaires (57.1% response rate) revealed moderate levels of burnout among pharmacists. The study found that the typical pharmacist who reported the highest level of burnout was a woman less than 40 years old, who works in a chain community pharmacy setting, and who has been in practice and in the same job for less than 10 years. Further work is needed to identify other personal and practice conditions that make pharmacists susceptible to burnout. In the meantime, employees are encouraged to establish interpersonal communications designed to identify and deal with signs of burnout.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2396597

57 percent response rate = most disgruntled employees probably responded. People complain about things more than they praise them. I don't have time to read the article right now, though.

actually I found this via google...so try that next time?

A nationwide mail survey of a random sample of the American Pharmaceutical Association membership was conducted to study the degree of burnout among pharmacists and to identify individual and job characteristics that make a pharmacist susceptible to burnout. Analysis of 1,261 returned questionnaires (57.1% response rate) revealed moderate levels of burnout among pharmacists. The study found that the typical pharmacist who reported the highest level of burnout was a woman less than 40 years old, who works in a chain community pharmacy setting, and who has been in practice and in the same job for less than 10 years. Further work is needed to identify other personal and practice conditions that make pharmacists susceptible to burnout. In the meantime, employees are encouraged to establish interpersonal communications designed to identify and deal with signs of burnout.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2396597
Chemist, you already got accepted somewhere? This early???