Building school list advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1123325

Hello all,
I'm having issues knowing where to apply and wanted some advice. I think I want to go into emergency or IM so I wanted to know which programs have good match rates for quality residencies. I don't care about location (not married, no children).

My stats are as follows
Biochem undergrad cGPA-3.8x
Biochem masters - 3.9x
ChemE masters 3.6x

MCAT- TBD (BP FLs average 511)

Disabled combat veteran

research hours
~7k hours
2 first author pubs, 1 patent, 3 poster presentations (one of them won the poster competition)

TAing
~3.5k

leadership (infantry fire team leader, noncommissioned officer)
~3.5k

Volunteering
clinical~ 70
nonclinical~300

Paid clinical (medical assistant)
real~ 700, projected 3.5-4k

What's a realistic school list of midlevel and reach schools I should apply to? I'm pretty much guaranteed an II at my state schools because I'm over their instate minimum reqs.

TYIA

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all,
I'm having issues knowing where to apply and wanted some advice. I think I want to go into emergency or IM so I wanted to know which programs have good match rates for quality residencies. I don't care about location (not married, no children).

My stats are as follows
Biochem undergrad cGPA-3.8x
Biochem masters - 3.9x
ChemE masters 3.6x

MCAT- TBD (BP FLs average 511)

Disabled combat veteran

research hours
~7k hours
2 first author pubs, 1 patent, 3 poster presentations (one of them won the poster competition)

TAing
~3.5k

leadership (infantry fire team leader, noncommissioned officer)
~3.5k

Volunteering
clinical~ 70
nonclinical~300

Paid clinical (medical assistant)
real~ 700, projected 3.5-4k

What's a realistic school list of midlevel and reach schools I should apply to? I'm pretty much guaranteed an II at my state schools because I'm over their instate minimum reqs.

TYIA

Nobody will be able to give you a good school list without an MCAT score, unfortunately. The score is necessary because small differences in scores can change the school list pretty substantially - for example, a 513 MCAT scorer would be competitive for different set of schools than a 510 scorer.

Generally speaking, if you end up scoring around your practice scores, you will be competitive for a lot of MD programs and all DO. Your application looks really good overall. When do you take the MCAT?

Reactions: 1 users