This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bunnyandbeanie

Reaction score
Hi everyone — I need some guidance in deciding what school to attend next year. I loved BU the most out of my interviews, but have read quite a few negative things about the school on SDN. Any BU students have feedback on this?
In terms of financials, I would get in-state for Rutgers after the first year, making it similar to the price of UB ($260K total) because I’m a NY state resident. And, I received a scholarship from BU making it similar to the price of Temple ($300K total).
Please let me know your thoughts!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone — I need some guidance in deciding what school to attend next year. I loved BU the most out of my interviews, but have read quite a few negative things about the school on SDN. Any BU students have feedback on this?
In terms of financials, I would get in-state for Rutgers after the first year, making it similar to the price of UB ($260K total) because I’m a NY state resident. And, I received a scholarship from BU making it similar to the price of Temple ($300K total).

Buffalo. It’s the cheapest and it’s a great school.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello! I am on the same boat as your are, but I am considering between Rutgers vs. Temple. By the way, I think the total cost of Temple is more like 317K ish and for Rutgers 299K ish (I am planning to transfer into IS after 1st yr). This cost is including the school fee without the housing and personal spendings. I am curious which school you are leaning toward to! Let me know!

Hello! I am on the same boat as your are, but I am considering between Rutgers vs. Temple. By the way, I think the total cost of Temple is more like 317K ish and for Rutgers 299K ish (I am planning to transfer into IS after 1st yr). This cost is including the school fee without the housing and personal spendings. I am curious which school you are leaning toward to! Let me know!
Rutgers. Solid school and the cheapest.

Members don't see this ad :)
BU and Temple should immediately be off your list.

Your decision is Buffalo versus Rutgers. Make sure the prices are actually similar between the two. I would think Buffalo would be cheaper than Rutgers. Both are fine, go with the cheapest. If you really hated one, then go to the other.

Need more details here. Are you a city person or no? Do you want to stay in NY?

If the difference between the programs really is 40k then that's within the margins of picking for where you liked the most IMHO

You should be looking at cost of attendance differences versus tuition differences. If holachica!’s figures are right, I would also include Temple as a possibility, again if these are coa figures not just tuition. But if the costs are all close, think about what you want out of a school, and research each school to see if you think they will meet these needs. Also, think about location, class size, grading system, differences in the way clinic is taught (will they be scheduling patients for you or do you have to be the scheduler? (A hassle), are they fair in the distribution of your patient pool? Do students struggle to get their requirements? Do assistants do some of the grunt work? Is it a high pressure environment? harsh grading? what’s the dropped/kicked out rate? (These could apply to didactic classes too and may affect your ability to be top of your class), what is the vibe of the program, etc

Hi sorry dont mean to take this off topic. But did BU offer you the scholarship via the acceptance email? Or is it something you would have to call financial aid and enquire?