This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thisis123

Reaction score
I was accepted to Boston University and Stony Brook University dental schools for the class of 2026 and I am not sure as to which one I should pick. I wanted to know some pros and cons of these schools, besides the cost, so if any current BU or Stony dental students can respond to this thread with any information it'd be very much appreciated. Curriculum, clinical, living area, and any other information. Which do you think would be a better option? I am a New York state resident.

Members don't see this ad.

Stony 100%. Small class size=individualized attention. Unranked. In state tuition. Stony sets you up to specialize. Message me if you need more help I go to stony.

Reactions: 1 user
I was accepted to Boston University and Stony Brook University dental schools for the class of 2026 and I am not sure as to which one I should pick. I wanted to know some pros and cons of these schools, besides the cost, so if any current BU or Stony dental students can respond to this thread with any information it'd be very much appreciated. Curriculum, clinical, living area, and any other information. Which do you think would be a better option? I am a New York state resident.
cheapest...

i do want to point out that i did hear stony brook is not doing so well as a dental school (especially with their administration) and its affecting the dental students. i've had stony brook faculty come up to me and tell me not to come to stony brook because its not doing well (which is a huge red flag). i highly suggest you speak to current students and find out whats going on as i myself don't know the details. make your decision from there.

Reactions: 1 user