BU vs Buffalo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Predentalgal1212

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was accepted to a few schools on Friday, but I think it will come down to Boston University vs. Buffalo. I am a New York State resident, so the cost of tuition is incredible, but I have been living in Boston for the past 6 years, and am going to have a hard time moving from here.

Has anyone else been in the same situation or what do you think would be the better choice?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm gonna go against the popular vote and say BU just go to against the popular vote. But the only answer to this is buffalo

Reactions: 1 users
If you'd be miserable living in Buffalo, don't go there just because it's cheaper.

Members don't see this ad :)
10-30 repayment that we can afford. It's just money.
True. Also depends on where you want to spend that money? 5k/mo on loans or a house/car/fam/etc. if you're ok with spending that much on just loans go for it.

Whats the cost difference? But i believe the difference would be too much to go with Boston in my opinion.
In-state tuition for Buffalo is about 35,500 per year while Boston tuition is about 74,500 per year (I received a $10,000 scholarship per year though). The cost of living in Boston is of course much higher though on top of that

In-state tuition for Buffalo is about 35,500 per year while Boston tuition is about 74,500 per year (I received a $10,000 scholarship per year though). The cost of living in Boston is of course much higher though on top of that
The price difference is too significant, I would go with Buffalo.

Boston is definitely a more fun city for a Youngblood.
I did my residency at BU so if you want to know anything pm me, but go to Buffalo.