BU MPH question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mig26x

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can a MPH in EPI in BU be done in a year? What would be the latest day one would be taking a class (may, june, july)?

Thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi mig,

I'm certainly no expert as I just recently decided on BU, but it seems that if you take a few of your core classes in the summer before you matriculate, you can get away with taking your masters exam in the spring.

You'd be done with classes at this point, and you could be finished with your MPH depending on when you do your practicum (end of spring semester if you do your practicum then, or late June/early July if you do it early in the summer).

I would suggest talking to the Epi cirruculum coordinator (she's extremely helpful and very easy going), but this was basically what she told me.

Hope that helps!

ati, thanks for the information. I talk with BU admission people and they told me it would be very difficult to do it in one year since it was a program design to be done in 1.5 and 2 years.

but thanks for the info.

Members don't see this ad :)
mig26x said:
Can a MPH in EPI in BU be done in a year? What would be the latest day one would be taking a class (may, june, july)?

Thank you in advance.

I did an MPH at BU in one year, from August to September of the following year. My concentration was international health. As long as you know how to time manage and stay focused it should not be a problem. Congrats on getting in and good luck to you.