Bu Fp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HamSandwich

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
do a ton of people apply to this program because it is good or it is in boston?

Members don't see this ad.

when i applied it was back in it's first or second year. I applied mainly because of the big name associated with the program -- Larry Culpepper...very well known and respected in family practice. tons of research.... he's the editor-in-chief for UptoDate. I always liked the idea of new programs, getting in on the ground floor and molding my learning. It was right after the merger they had had up there (a private with a city hospital). Their main FPCs (family practice centers) are really community run, meaning the communities said "we need healthcare here...let's provide some space and get docs to work for us", as opposed to the "almighty academic medical center going forth into the neighborhood to rescue people".

One of my current co-residents is going to be working at an affiliated site. She hates Boston but her husband up there. She's getting a sweet job and working with some great people. She'll have OB opportunities. A lot of faculty there do OB.

I feel the BU program will be one of the top urban FP programs in a few years.