Bryn Mawr/ Goucher Interview Experiences? (recent preferred)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amalia23

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

Can anyone tell me what the interviews were like for either Bryn Mawr or Goucher?

I'm nervous for mine and it would help to have an idea of what to expect.

Thanks!

Amalia23

Members don't see this ad.

Former Goucher postbacc here. Interviews are pretty standard: walk me through your CV stuff with a couple more probing Why medicine? Why now? questions peppered in. They basically want to confirm that you are who you claim to be, so if you received an invitation congrats! You can still get dinged on interview day however, so tread carefully. The Director is evaluating every micro expression and gesture you make, especially on your "informal" lunches. Seriously, it's absurd so don't check your phone-at all. Polite conversation and effusive displays of gratitude are advised. People here are kind of full of themselves, not in a boastful manner. However, they will judge you hard if you neglect any Victorian niceties. Also, dress to impress.

Former Goucher postbacc here. Interviews are pretty standard: walk me through your CV stuff with a couple more probing Why medicine? Why now? questions peppered in. They basically want to confirm that you are who you claim to be, so if you received an invitation congrats! You can still get dinged on interview day however, so tread carefully. The Director is evaluating every micro expression and gesture you make, especially on your "informal" lunches. Seriously, it's absurd so don't check your phone-at all. Polite conversation and effusive displays of gratitude are advised. People here are kind of full of themselves, not in a boastful manner. However, they will judge you hard if you neglect any Victorian niceties. Also, dress to impress.
Are there any curve ball questions in the interview such as "If you had the opportunity to have lunch with someone living or dead who would it be and why?" Also, how important is it to have shadowing and volunteering experience? And how much shadowing/volunteering is considered a good amount?