Brown Gateways/ MMS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am a senior in their second to last semester of college and unfortunately am graduating with a less-than-stellar GPA. I am projecting to graduate with between a 3.1- 3.2 cgpa and a similar sgpa. I have not yet taken the MCAT as I would like to be fully focused on preparing for it so I can get the highest grade I possibly can and hopefully offset my poor ugpa. With this in mind, I am thinking of doing an SMP during my 2 gap years although I am unsure of whether doing a postbacc and bolstering my EC’s would be preferable. If I do an SMP, I am leaning towards Brown’s Gateways/ MMS program and I was wondering if anyone with a similar story to mine had any personal experience applying to med school after this program. I know their website states their alumni have a very high number of interview invitations, but I would like to hear any specific first hand experiences/ advice you guys might have (where you received interviews, how many cycles it took, the difficulty of the program, how receptive the Warren Alpert medical school is to graduates of this program, etc.).

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Also a senior interested in this program if any alum have any advice, insight, etc. please share!

Reactions: 1 user